Seen

I continue to drive, seeing my phone ring as I click to answer Harper.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah I was just seeing when you were coming over?"

"Oh right yeah I'm on my way"

"Good..Alfie doesn't know your coming... I thought I'd surprise him"

"I'm not that much of a surprise"

I laugh, pulling up into the street as I look for her drive.

"You are.. You just don't know it"

She says softly as I smile.

"I'm like two houses away so I'll see you in a minute"

"Alright, bye"

I hang up pulling into the drive, putting my badge into the glovebox. I notice my partners file as I take it, flipping through it to double check it is his. It was. I sit back into my chair, remaining to hold it.

"Chin up Frankz"

I turn to the passenger seat, swearing I heard James. I hear a tap against my window which makes me jump slightly as I turn seeing Harper looking at me then the file. I put it back into the glovebox quickly as she opens my door to which I get out.

"Last time I checked it was a weekend.. So why are you looking at a file?"

She smiles speaking softly, taking the keys off me as she locks my car.

"Yeah.. Sorry"

She smiles, biting her lip as she walks inside to which I follow.  I close the door behind. Turning my head forward as she rests her hand against my neck kissing me. Pushing me against the door as my hands meet her waist, pulling her forward. Our lips slowly open as our tongues about to meet.

"Mummy! I can't find my bag!"

We smile against each other's lips, her hand slips away from my neck in to her hoodie.

"I'm coming"

She turns slightly to speak then turning back to me as she looks down.

"What's that?"

I follow her eyes as I look down also watching her pull up my jumper as I realise.

"Why do you have your gun on you?"

She looks up, turning around to see if Alfie's behind then back to me.

"Sorry I'll get rid of it"

I go to open the door as she grabs my hand, guiding me back.

"It's fine, you can hide it in my room.. That's where mine is"

She holds her hand out as I look down to it. Looking back up as I kiss her forehead.

"It's fine I'll just put it into my car"

Thing was, I didn't like people touching my gun. Because it wasn't my gun. It was James's that he gave to me because he thought my other one was 'the worst gun in the world'

"Well that doesn't seem safe"

"No it's fine I do it often, I can lock my glovebox so"

She looks at me curiously as I roll my jumper back over it.

"Alright.."

She passes me my keys as I leave the house, going to my car to unlock it, I put my holster and the gun into the glovebox secretly, closing it, locking it with my key as I get back out. Closing the door then locking it as I walk back inside.