Chapter Two

Saniah was feeling really bad about what she said to Killer. But sadly, it was true. Growing up for the Castro twins was hard. As much as they didn't want to believe it, racism and bougieness ran in the family. Eric was black and Puerto Rican. Marissa, oh boy,she was Irish, German, and Scottish. Karin, Daphne and Saniah's mom, was also Irish and Russian, but she died when the twins were 2. They were truly mutts. Marissa also had black in her too though. But, her black family was very bougie. Daphne lived with her grandmother in Ireland. And, Briana lived in Germany with her grandparents. And, Saniah to Chicago, Illinois with her grandparents. Briana and Saniah didn't meet until they were 11. Briana didn't speak much English from her 9 years in Germany. Daphne also met them a year later, speaking Irish. It was so hard for them. They all met back up in Pennsylvania, where they all attended the same middle school. It didn't take long for them all to instantly click and get along. But, it all happened when Saniah brought home her first boyfriend at 15. His name was Andre. Or Casper. Eric immediately had a distaste with Andre.  Marissa was appalled by him. Saniah cried, she vowed never to let her boyfriends come around her family. Even her grandmothers stared at Andre like he was a rabid animal and screwed their faces up like he was rancid milk.

                    Saniah got up from bed, it was Sunday morning, so Killer was at 'work'. She walked to her large walk-in closet. She chose a black tank top, jean shorts, and Timberland boots. She tied a red and black plaid long-sleeve button-up shirt around her waist. She fixed her hair into a bun and then went into the bathroom. By the time she was done with her hygiene routine, Briana was up and ready. Katja was coming over.

"Saniah, where were you yesterday? I didn't even see you all day." Bri asked. She grabbed an elastic scrunchie and pulled her hair into a low ponytail. "Katty and possibly Ava are coming over, you wanna hang with us?"

"No, I'm okay. I'm going somewhere else today." Saniah said, she ran back into he room, grabbing her iPhone. It was true. Christiana and Yarie, her best friends, were meeting her at Featherly Spring Cafe downtown.

"Okay, if it's like that." Briana said, she laughed a little. She walked into her room where Keith was pulling a shirt over his head.

"Yeah, it is, you fucking judgmental bitch." Saniah mumbled to herself. She was so depressed from yesterday. Just the fact that Briana really didn't like thugs made her blood boil. It was Oma. Oma always shunned 'thugs'. Oma told Briana that thugs were no good. If Saniah wasn't Oma's 'granddaughter' she would hate her too. Oma was mean to Saniah sometimes but it was just her whole mindset. Oma grew up in Nazi Germany, where German was the superior race.

              Daphne grabbed the purple shirt on the bed, putting it on. Adam was already downstairs eating cereal. Daphne felt weird inside. Why didn't she tell Bri about Killer? Shouldn't she know,  it was her house. No… it's just your guilty conscience… you know how judgmental she is, it isn't fair to SiSi, Daph thought. Which it wasn't fair to Saniah.

"Hey!" a female voice said happily. It was Briana's German friend, Katja. Katja moved to America with Briana. Her father found a job in America so it was perfect timing. Katja was Afro-German. Her mother was German and African-American and her father was German. Katja had auburn hair and cognac brown eyes. Ava was Briana's best friend since 6th grade. She was African-American and European American. She had curly hair and brown eyes.

"Hey! So, I was thinking we could go to Glittering Boutique… I need some new clothes." Briana sighed. She grabbed the material of her shirt and pinched it, making a disgusted face at it.

"You have so many clothes! Seriously, you need more?" Ava said. She laughed as Bri grabbed her purse, she kissed Keith before leaving for the day with her girls.