Chapter 35: Three Months Later

It's been three months of wearing this ring on my left hand, three months of being nagged by literally everyone about picking a wedding date! It's been three months of my moms belly growing with my little brother or sister! Our new home is now well lived in! Literally! Sometimes I'll come home from helping out at the facility and find an Avenger sprawled out asleep on my couch. Which I don't mind, they're my family and I'm always happy that they'd come to my home as a safe relaxing environment to sleep in. But today, it was time. About two weeks ago I was invited to assist in a minor surgery Strange had booked. Little did I know, he'd booked up an O.R procedure for every day of that week to ease me into coming back.

"You sure you're ready for this?" Steve smiled at me from our bed as I pulled out a black set of scrubs to get dressed.

"I'm nervous! Is that normal? Like. My anxiety is SO high!" I nervously chuckled to him.

Steve stood up with messy morning hair, sweatpants and no shirt, and sleepy eyes.

"Relax, you're going to get in that O.R and it'll be like you never left. That's what the last couple of weeks have been building up to." He kissed my forehead sweetly.

"Why are you so good to me?" I kissed him before pulling my scrub top over my head.

I got dressed, tied up my white Nike shoes and grabbed my pager, stethoscope, and a few pens, shoving them in my pockets. Steve came out of the bathroom as I pulled on my white lab coat with my name embroidered in it.

"Dr. A. Stark, Student Resident." Steve read out loud as he pulled the corners of my coat, bringing me close to his chest.

"Dr. Rogers, soon!" I smiled up at him.

"You look so hot." Steve let a seductive smile spread across his face.

"Mmm, stop it. You're gonna make me late!" I giggled into his kiss before pushing him away.

"Be safe, I love you." He kissed my head as I walked toward the door.

"I'll see you next door, when I get off!" I winked at him and left.

I drove the Range Rover to work, seeing as I still haven't picked a new vehicle yet!

"Looking good Doctor Stark!" Strange calmed out from behind me as he met me at the OR scheduling board.

"What do we got today Doc?" I asked with my hands in my pockets, overlooking everyone's schedule.

"We're taking it easy today. At least for another week before we throw you back to the sharks!" Strange chuckled.

"Let's go do work!" I playfully hit his arm as we walked into the scrub room.

An hour later we exited the OR and high fived excitedly

"You're gonna have to teach me that trick you do!" Strange shook his head in amazement.