Chapter 50: Extra Baggage

I carefully lingered out of sight until I gathered enough intel to find out that there was a jet leaving for Korea in an hour. I ran back to my room and grabbed a bag, throwing random items into it before sneaking off to the hangars. I arrived early, even before the pilot did, and climbed aboard the plane, settling myself in the back with the baggage other people had put on for this mission. I grabbed a fire proof blanket and covered myself up in order not to be seen. It was stupid, yeah. But.. I just knew. This mission would lead me to them and let's face it, Ross isn't THAT smart to track them down. He doesn't know them like I do...

In about 15 minutes, agents flooded the jet, taking their seats and talking amongst each other. I heard footsteps in and out of the baggage quarters as they dropped their supplies and left to the seats. Suddenly, I heard the voice of Everett talking with the pilot.

"How long till we land?" He asked casually.

"Four hours." The pilot confirmed.

Everett shrugged his bag off of his shoulders and tossed it, landing a whole whopping 20lbs on top of me.

The bag thudded, followed by a muffled,

"Oof!!" I exclaimed quietly.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me.." Everett said as he took a step forward, removing the bag and swiftly removing the blanket from me.

"Hi." I smiled awkwardly as I looked up to see a very disappointed Everett Ross.

"Get up. What the hell are you doing here!?!" He whispered loudly.

"I'm coming with you!" I snapped back.

"No you're not Murphy! I already made that VERY clear!" Everett scolded with stress climbing to new heights for him.

"Yes I am! Look, Everett! Just hear me out okay?" I argued back, but was quickly shut down.

"No! Alright!? I'm not hearing you out or helping you break the law to go on a wild goose chase to find your little boyfriend okay!? He left you for a reason! I think it's time we acknowledge that!" Everett snapped at me before his face went a little pale with regret.

My heart sank a little. My head felt light and clouded. My eyes burned as I tried to fight back tears. The jet began to move and I looked down, slowly taking a seat in one of two emergency seats in the baggage room. I buckled up and swallowed hard as I kept my head hanging low. Everett didn't speak. He knew he'd offended me, for good reason in his defense. He took the seat beside me and buckled down before sighing deeply and rubbing his forehead. The entire four hours was silent between us. All that was heard was the baggage juggling around and the engines humming away.

As the plane landed, Everett stood up and grabbed our bags.

"Don't attract attention to yourself. Come with me. My undercover car is right outside. Well go out the back as soon as the door drops." Everett said coldly.

I did as he said, and when the doors dropped, we slipped out undetected, driving away in the unmarked car which worked out in our favor because Ross was set to take an unmarked vehicle to the hotel alone while he made a game plan for the next night.

We drove in silence, just as we did on the plane. The car stopped at a hotel that looked rather beaten down and cheap, especially for a CIA Agent going undercover on a big sting! I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder, wondering when the silent treatment would break. Everett and I stopped at the counter inside the lobby of the hotel. It started to remind me of those crazy serial killer movies where you'd get kidnapped by a creeper at a hotel exactly like this one! A middle aged woman came to the front with a worn out smile,