Chapter 9: Ten Years, Later

It's been ten years since the whole Imhotep trying to take over the world and me dying for that exact reason. After we left Egypt we all moved to London, England and we settle there. Rick and Evelyn got married two months after and had a baby boy, Alex O'Connell. Which I am the proud godmother of and Jonathan is the godfather. I went to college and became an Egyptologist along with Evelyn. And even though there are no mummies trying to kill us or take over the world, we're doing the same thing. Going into the dangerous digging site and see what it's all about. After I turned 18 years old, I went to visit Ardeth Bay and his people back in Egypt. I would go every summer for the past 6 years and honestly, I thought there was something between us. He made me feel happy, safe and protected but I was wrong to hope that he could love me back. Just like in our old life we weren't meant to be together, although I feel like I would always love him he would never return my feelings. 

Current, we're here in Thebes, Egypt where Evelyn and I believe something important is here waiting to come out. Evelyn and I were in a strange abandoned room and I was admiring a craving on the wall. It told a story about two women fighting to prove they are worthy of protecting an important ancient item while trying to impress the Pharaoh Seti the first. I was so lost in thought when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder making me jump. I turn around and saw Evelyn looking at me concerned. 

"You alright?" She asked worried and I smiled at her.

"Yeah," I said turning around and stared at the craving. 

"It's just I feel like... nevermind," I said shaking my head. I turned away from the picture and went to pick up a brush. I heard Evelyn sighing. 

"You can tell me you know that right?" she said making me turn to her and smiled a little.

"Yeah but you're going to think I'm crazy," I said looking away and she then laughs.

"You crazy? No way... The only one who should be called crazy is me. I have been having strange dreams or visions or whatever it is about this place and you think I'll call you crazy?" Evelyn said smiling and I smiled back. 

I still haven't told them about my dreams or about how we were all related back them. With Imhotep not being our problem anymore, I don't think it's important right now. And besides, we're all together what could go wrong? Another mummy coming back from the dead?

"I feel like I recognize them," I said and Evie looks at me strangely.

"Yeah I know crazy huh," I said and Evie shook her head. 

"No, I know what you mean. This whole place feels familiar" 

"I guess we're both crazy huh," I said as we both stared at each other then laughed. 

Once we stopped laughing we stared at the wall. I looked at it closer and realized it was actually a hidden passage. I turn to Evy and smiled she turns to me and gives me a confused look.

"It's a hidden door," I said. 

She quickly looks at the wall then turns to me in disbelief. 

"Are you sure?" she asked and I give her a 'are you serious' look. 

I turn around and as I was about to talk to Rick about something he wasn't anywhere to be found. I started to walk and popped my head around the corner. Then I turned around and looked at Evy,

"Hey, where's Rick?" I asked confused. 

She turns around and looks around, confused as well. She then struggles and turns to brush away the dirt on the wall. Sighing I went back next to Evie and tried to see if I can push the wall open. As I was trying to push the door opened I heard Rick yell. I turned around and saw Rick moved to the side as a snake was flying towards him. Rick turns to Evie and gave her a look.