Chapter 12

Christine had sent me to the market to buy a couple of things and then I had the rest of the day off. The market was not very large, but it was lively, there was food vendors, people were selling cloth, and there were people selling flowers. There were roses at the vendor, so I thought that I would get one for Erik. I was walking over to the vendor when I someone grabbed my upper arm, I winced from the pain, since the cut that that was still in my arm. I turned around to see a man about my height with blond hair. He had a strong jaw line and you could tell that he thought that he could have any girl he wanted even though that was not the case.

"Well... if it isn't the little tramp." He whispered into my ear, then he dragged me to an alleyway and pinning me to a wall. "I did not think I would find you here." He finishes saying smiling at me and pulled out a knife.

"Well, I didn't know that the rat came out of his hole." With that, he let go of me to slapped then put the knife right under my eye. I didn't even flinch and smiled, "Was that supposed to hurt?" I could not let him know how I truly felt, it would just make it worst, and with that I kicked him in his lower region and ran to the opera house.

I took the packages to Christine's room, thankfully she was not here. I ran to my room and sat on my bed. I put my head in my hands and looked at the floor with my hair falling out of my bun. How did he find me they never come to Paris? Why now? I felt something warm on my face. Then I heard the mirror open.

"Ana..." Erik called out, "What happened?"

I looked up at Erik. "I...I am fine, just something from my past.", I smiled at him.

"Let me look at that scratch" he lifted my face to the light, "The cut is deep. It might leave a scar."

I looked back to the ground, "It won't be the first one."

Erik looked shocked, "What do you mean? Please, tell me."

I looked up at him I could feel the tears welling up, "Please.... once you know my story I will be a monster in your eyes." I looked back at the ground.

"Christine knows your story, but she does not see you as a monster, you are not a monster."

I looked at him, "She does not know the whole story and I call my self a monster because I am a monster."

Sorry for not posting in a while and sorry for the short chapter, I started on a new story but have not posted it yet and then I had writer's block on this one, I will try to update as soon as I can.

Vote

Comment 

Follow

-Phantomofthelibray