Big Time Hangout Part 8

Kendall walks quickly towards the van the guys had come over in never saying a word.
I try to catch up, "Kendall?"
He keeps walking acting like he doesn't hear me. I get to the van with my suitcase and he takes it from me and tosses it in closing the hatch. 
He starts back toward the house but I grab his arm, "I'm talking to you."
He turns back to me, "Did you find out why they are picking on me?" He asks.
I laugh, "I did." and he stands there waiting for me to tell him. 
I don't say a word and we are both just standing there when he asks, "Well?"
I chuckle, "I asked you first."
He takes a deep breath, "He asked what I was trying to do here. I told him we were just trying to make sure Katie had a great birthday. He said that wasn't what he was talking about. I asked him politely what he meant and he said he was talking about with you."
I try not to but the laugh comes out anyway, "What did you tell him?"
Kendall rolls his eyes, "Do we have to talk about this right now?"
I give him a look and he says, "Fine but I have to know am I that transparent?" He asks.
I give him a questioning glance, "What do you mean?"
He says, "Well I told you I was done and I honestly mean that but when your dad asked me that I said something I wish I could take back."
He has me wondering what in the world he could have said when he continues, "I told him that I had nothing but good intentions with you and that we were just friends."
I ask, "So why would you want to take that back?"
He looks at the ground, "That isn't the part I want to take back." 
I lift his head so he is looking in my eyes, "Kendall..." I start but he stops me, "I know I know."
He stops to compose himself, "When I told him that he laughed at me." He looks at me and tears start to fill his eyes, "I lost it. I can't believe I was so disrespectful to him."
"Kendall! What did you say? Tell me now!" I holler.
"Well when he laughed I got mad and got a little closer than I should have and told him that I would make you happier than anybody else could including him and he would learn to love me because he would see how much I adore you and I can make sure you never want for anything in this life again." He says almost in a scream and starts to walk off.
I get in front of him, "Kendall you are NOT walking away from me right now!" I shout. "Why did you get in his face?" I ask.
Kendall kind of laughs and says, "Out of everything I just said and you are worried about the fact that I got in his face? Didn't you hear what I told him?"
I look at him irritated, "Yeah I heard you. What was so bad about it?"
He shakes his head, "I said I was done. I wanted to be done. Why would I say something like that if I truly was done?"
I laugh, "You were upset. I say things all the time when I'm upset."
He pulls me close to him, "Yes I was upset but I can't help but think about what I said and..." He lets go and backs up, "Nevermind. Just forget it. PLEASE don't leave me alone with them again." He says trying to laugh it off and heading for the house.

We get back in the house and start to say our goodbye's. Dad pulls me to the side, "You watch these guys." He says pointing at James, Logan and Carlos. 
I laugh, "What about Kendall?" I ask.
He smiles at me, "I'm not to worried about him." He says and we are out the door.
We get in the van and Katie is sitting up front with Carlos driving and I'm in the backseat with Logan and Kendall on either side of me and James is in the back. Katie is going a hundred questions a minute and Carlos can't keep up. He laughs and says, "Slow down baby girl. We have three whole days together so I'm sure we have time to answer your questions."
She looks at him, "Three days? I thought we were going to be gone longer." She says clearly upset.
Carlos says, "We promised your dad we would have you home by the weekend for your party."
I can see the tears starting in her eyes, "You won't be there will you? Nevermind I know that's a stupid question. Of course you won't. You guys are so busy."
Carlos says, "We have a signing to do that day so we won't be able to make it. I'm really sorry but I promise we will make the most of the time we have okay?" He asks.
I can tell he is trying to make things better. 'I love the way he fusses over her and the way he takes care of me with the others. Some girl will be very lucky to have him.' I'm lost in my thoughts, 'Hey crazy! YOU could be that girl.' I laugh to myself, 'Yeah like that would happen. There is no way I could date anyone like them.' I tell myself.
My thoughts were interrupted with James whispering in my ear, "So I was thinking. Maybe you should go out with each of us and then if you still don't want to date any of us we will leave you alone about it."
He was in the ear next to Logan who overheard the whole thing and says, "I think that's an awesome idea." He says rather loudly.
Carlos looks in the rear view mirror, "What is that?" and Kendall is looking at Logan as well. 
Logan says, "Well James just suggested she go on a date with each of us and then if she still didn't want to date any of us we would drop it."
Kendall and Carlos both cut Logan a look and he throws his hands up in the air, "It wasn't my idea." he says.
I stop the chaos before it starts, "IF I agreed to this then you guys would have to SWEAR that once we all went out and I said I didn't want to date any of you that you would drop it and NEVER speak of it again."
I look at each of them and nobody is saying anything so I add, "And it will NEVER be brought up again." I said making sure they heard me.
They finally speak up one at a time and give me their word that it will never be spoke of again. Leave it to Logan to think of everything, "But what if you DO date one of us?"
Kendall gives him a look and I pat Kendall on the leg, "Down boy." I joke. "I have an answer." and I look back at Logan, "I will not date any of you but IF I were to date any of you then the competition stops and whoever I date, which will be none of you by the way, will be left alone where I'm concerned."
James jumps in the backseat and almost hits her head, "See," he says, "I told you guys she would go out with one of us."
'I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.' I think to myself and say, "So where are we going?"