Chapter 27 (Furry)

"Ooh, I can get you these cute little pajamas!" you squealed, showing it to Balloon Boy, who sat in the cart seat.

Balloon Boy put his hand out, and you reached it to him. He pushed it down as he shook his head, and you scrunched your eyebrows.

"But, it's Sesame Street. Look, it's got Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo-"

"Hello," Balloon Boy interrupted you, shaking his head again.

"What, is it embarrassing? I can get you another pair."

You ran over to the rack and put the pajama set back. Your phone started to ring from your pocket as you walked back over to Balloon Boy. It was from an "Unknown" caller.

"Hello?" you answered it, looking around as you pushed the cart forward.

"What are you doing?" a voice asked.

"Excuse me? Who is this?" you wondered.

"It's me," they said, and a chill ran up your spine. "Quit messing around, (Y/N). We're out to pay the bills."

"Toy Freddy? I could recognize that bitching anywhere," you scoffed.

"Hey!" you heard a muffled yelp from your bag.

"Shh!" you hissed, looking around to make sure nobody heard.

"What are you doing?" Toy Freddy nagged.

"How are you talking to me?" you whispered.

"I'm your phone."

"You're my wha-"

"Your phone. You need to go get what you need, so you can leave, and then go to the place to pay your bills," Toy Freddy continued, and you looked at the screen, to see that you weren't in a call.

"Oh, ew," you shuddered, holding the phone away from you, repulsed by the fact that you were touching Toy Freddy and holding him against your cheek.

"Are you even listening to me?" he snapped.

"Yeah, yeah. I need to get what I need and leave so I can pay my bills. Got it. Balloon Boy needs a car seat, so we don't get in tr-"

"Hello," Balloon Boy caught your attention, and he shook his head.

"What? Why don't you want me to get you anything?"

"Maybe he's trying to tell you that you shouldn't be fiddling around with stuff that isn't nec-" You cut him off as you muted your phone.

"Heh, I'm sorry, what was that? I didn't get that last part," you jeered, snickering.

"What all do you need?" Mangle wondered quietly, before you could get too far into your mockery.

"Oh. Milk, soda, water, bread . . . Um, I basically have to restock my frigde," you mused, stuffing your phone back in your pocket. "Ooh, I can get some sweets!"
‏‏‎
‏‏‎
"See how easy that was, just to get what you need, and then write the check," Toy Freddy boasted as you grabbed the groceries from the trunk.

"You can make more than one trip," Toy Bonnie suggested, seeing as you were struggling with getting all the bags.

"No, I'm determined to take only one trip!" you blurted.

"(Y/N), you're gonna hurt-"

You interrupted him by slamming the trunk shut and yelling: "I'm filled with determination, dammit!"

You shrunk, noticing the startled stare you got from a young man standing in his doorway. You quickly walked over to your apartment, mumbling to yourself about how you just ruined any chance you had with him. You struggled to unlock the door, but when you did, you quickly stepped inside and shut the door behind you. You set Balloon Boy down and sighed as you walked over to the kitchen.