Reality

Freddy slowly opens his eyes from his deep sleep. The morning sunshine was giving warmth to his bed. He sat up and yawned, rubbing morning glory off the corner of his eyes. He stretched and scratched the itch in his back. "Good morning Bonnie.." He mumbled, looking at the side of his bed. 

There was only a pillow. "W..What?.." He stutters, looking around for Bonnie. He got out of his bed and went downstairs. He looked around the kitchen, the living room...He looked everywhere and Bonnie was nowhere to be seen. 

"Where...But...But he was just here last night!" He says to himself with his heart pounding. He took out his phone and looked at his messages with Bonnie. 

'Let's hang out next time mkay?'

He saw his last text from Bonnie, but he didn't believe it. "I..I just texted him last night! I told him to come over, I swear!" He panic, scrolling up to find his messages but.. none.

'no..this can't..'

He went to his social media looked for a post. His heart stopped when he saw it.

'Hello I'm a nurse from the Cambridge University Hospital and I am seeking help...'

He dropped his phone and knelt down with tears streaming down his face."I...It was real after all.." He mumbled, with tears dropping on the floor. One after another..

He weakly took his phone from the floor and laid there in the cold tiles. He looked more into the post and saw a picture of Bonnie on a hospital bed. His breath shakes as another tear stream down from Freddy's face. But then he noticed the time it was posted. 

It was posted an hour ago. 

Freddy's eyes widened and couldn't believe it. He double checked if it was real, He wiped the tears away from his eyes and refreshed the page. It was truly posted an hour ago. 

'This...This isn't a dream..is it?' 

He prepared his face for a strong slap in the face, and slapped himself strongly. The stronger, The better. He opened his eyes from an extremely painful slap in the face. He rubbed the pain away and looked around very quickly. 

He was still at the cold floor with his phone on his hand. He now believes that he wasn't dreaming, he quickly went upstairs and prepared himself. He took a bath and dressed up nicely. Today's a school day, but he didn't care. 

He ran out of his house and ran straight to the Hospital. The only thought that was on Freddy's mind was Bonnie. He couldn't think of anything else, Just Bonnie's smile, his laugh and those cute maroon eyes. 

It was the moment of truth, He was at the Hospital's entrance. He felt his heart pounding loudly. He took a deep breath before entering. He walked to the receptionist and stood in front of her, nervously. 

"..H-Hi uh...I'm here for Bonnie S. Gentile? A purple bunny who's 17?" He asked and gulped. The receptionist looked through the computer and took out a notebook. "Sir, I need to know your name before I'll give out where the room is." She explains.

"Freddy, Freddy Fazbear."  He says with his fingers tapping the table anxiously. She wrote Freddy's name on a record book. "On the patient's record, it's needed for someone to look after him. Does he have any relatives you can contact?" She asks as Freddy shakes his head.

"..No, He's the only one left in his family..I'll do it." Freddy volunteers. "Okay sir. Thank you for volunteering...We're sorry we couldn't afford to look after him. He is at Room 143." The nurse apologized. 

Freddy just sighed and shook his head. He took the elevator up to the 2nd floor. "..Ah...I should've bought food for Bonnie.." He mumbled while waiting for the elevator to open. 

He stepped out and looked for room 143. It took a while, but he finally found it. He opened the door slowly and peeked inside before going inside. He saw Bonnie with a cast in his arm which was resting in a pillow beside him. He also has a bandage wrapped around his forehead. He was looking out the window. 

"..I...I'm not ready for the surgery yet.." He said, not looking away from the window. "..B-Bonnie..It's me." I say, closing the door behind me. He turns his head slightly, but then looked back at the window again. He didn't say anything. 

"..I..I'm sorry...I left you all alone by yourself..I've been so busy with Foxy that I didn't notice you..Th..This is all my fault.." Freddy explained, looking down.

"..It's..It's fine." Bonnie says in a calm tone. "..As long as your happy, I'll be happy too." 

Freddy started to get tears in the corner of his eyes. "..But I'm not happy..I can't be happy knowing you got badly hurt.." He says, trying not to shed a tear. Bonnie didn't say anything.

"..Why did you run away?.." Freddy asks, but he got replied with the same silence. "P..Please say something.." Freddy was looking at Bonnie with a very sad expression. A tear escaped from the corner of his eye and started to slide down his cheek. Bonnie sighed.

"..You were my only reason why I tried so hard to keep on living. I thought I lost you forever but I kept on hoping that you would come, and then here you are." Bonnie looked at Freddy with tears streaming down his face but with a weak smile. 

"Thank you for remembering me."  Freddy remembered those words in his dream. "Bonnie, I.."

"The doctor said I only have a very slight chance that I'll survive the surgery. I feel really weak, Freddy.. I don't think there even IS a chance of me surviving. So, I'm glad that you came at my last day." Bonnie tried his best to smile warmly. Freddy couldn't do anything else to help but cry silently. 

Freddy knelt down beside Bonnie and gently placed his hand over Bonnie's. "..Bonnie, You're very special to me.. I can't afford to lose you because I love you, more than a friend.." Freddy confessed. 

"So please.. Please stay strong for me one more time.." Freddy rested his head beside Bonnie's hand, with his tears wetting the pillow. 

"I didn't know you felt that way.." Bonnie laughed weakly. "I love you the same way, but I can't stay strong if you're sad like that in front of me.." Freddy looked at Bonnie and saw his warm smile that went with the sunshine. "Please.. Wipe away those tears in your eyes.. I need you to be happy for me!" Bonnie cheered as Freddy did what he was told with a slight chuckle.

"I really wish I could hug you right now but.. the doctors said I shouldn't move too much.." Bonnie sighed. "I'll hug you when you get better." Freddy told him with a smile on his face. "So stay strong..okay?" 

"I will.." The door opened and they hear a nurse. "Bonnie, are you ready for surgery?" she asked with the doctor behind her. Bonnie looks at the nurse and nods then looks back at Freddy, who was trying his best to smile without looking worried. 

"I'll survive..Don't worry." 

-----

Hey y'all sorry that i didn't publish one yesterday. Here's art i couldn't use for a short.

I was listening to some sad song that made me draw this