08/ My Conscious

Riley's Been Nothing But Good To You... Why Would You Betty Her? You Love Her Don't You? A Voice Crept Into My Mind. Not This Again. Maya Farkle Zay And I Were In The Hospital Waiting Room. I Watched Maya Pace Back and Forth Cursing Under Her Breath. I Knew That She was Blaming Me For Thus For Happening And Who Would Blame Her For It. It's All Your Fault! The Voice Inside Hissed Again. I Know! I Whisper Yelled Cursing Under My Own Breath Now. You May See Her Now, The Nurse Came Out Gesturing Us To Come In

I Blacked Out. I Know That. I Woke Up In A Hospital Bed and I Immediately Jolted Out Of Bes and Checked My Cuts. They Were All Cleaned and Bandaged So There's No Doubt That The Doctors Know Everything. I See You've Woken Up, Ms. Matthews... A Middle Aged Nurse With A Toothy Smile Came In With A Bowl Of Chicken Soup.

Um... Yes I Said Fingering With My Fingers... So... Are you Feeling Better? She Asked As She Grabbed A Tray And Sit It Down On The Bed Side Table Beside Me. I Guess... You Can Call Me Riley I Said Trusting She's A Nice Person. And You Call Me Maci  She Smiled As She Handed The Soup To Me, I Accepted Her Offer And Started Gulping It All Down. I was Starving.

I Hope You Don't Mind Me Asking This But Considering It's My Job Too... Um, Have You Been Cutting Dear? She Asked, With A Hesitant Look On Her Face. I Could Tell That She Was Regretting Asking That.

Um... I Have Been Cutting... I Said

But It's Nothing Serious... I Assured Her, Not Knowing If Those Words Were Even True Anymore. She Smiled But I Could Tell She Was Holding Back Her Opinion.

Maya Immediately Burger In The Doors Pushing Lucas, Farkle and Zay Out Of The Way As Soon As Maci  Went Out To Get Them. I Smiled At The Sight Of My Friends.

Honey! She Sighed In Relief

Peaches! I Said As She Hugged Me And I Hugged Her Back. Don't Ever Scare Me Like that Again Sugar! Zay Sighed and Ruffled My Hair. Are You OK? Maya, Lucas, Farkle and Zay Asked In Unison.

I Gave Them  A Creeky Smile There's No End To My Horizon...