Chapter Eleven

"You guys were great last night." I gush at Ashton, watching his face flush at the compliment.

"Thanks, Soph." he chuckled, tucking into the sandwich his hands. He continued chewing as he replied, "The crowd was crazy." his face brightened at the memory. He wasn't lying, we were all pretty much deaf by the end of the night.

We didn't get back to the hotel room until early this morning, resulting with everyone almost automatically collapsing into bed without another word. Bree stayed the night on the couch. She was dressed in an oversized purple shirt and her hair in a silver clasp on the back of her head. Regardless of a night spent sleeping rough, she looked immaculate. As always.

"Bearing in mind I've worked for you guys for over a year," she said, sipping on a pink smoothie as she leaned onto the table Ash was sitting at, "I don't think my ears will ever adjust to the sound of the live shows." she jested.

"What can I say?" Ashton shrugged, "Not everyone was made for the rockstar life." he smiled smugly, taking another bite out of his food.

I snorted, "Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Ash." I stuck my tongue out as he rolled his eyes, returning to his sandwich. Bree got up from the table, making her way towards the cluster of doors leading to the bedrooms.

"I better wake the others up..." she sighed, walking past me placing her now empty glass in the sink before disappearing behind one of them. The midday sun was already up, the time being way past twelve by now and yet half of the band were still asleep. Which, in all honesty, isn't much of a surprise.

The light streamed in through the windows, yet dull clouds speckled the wash of blue in the sky, casting shadows around the room. Mikey strolled in,

"Mornin' " he yawned, scratching the back of his untamed hair.

"Afternoon." I nodded. He prodded over to the kitchen , flicking the kettle on. "I have someone I want you to meet." he said. I noticed he kept one hand hidden from his hand as he got a cup out from the cupboard.

"Who?"

"He's very excited to meet you."

"Who?" I ushered him on, " Who is?" I prompted him, mirroring the wide grin set on his face.

"Oh God..." I heard Ash behind me, "Micheal, you seriously aren't going to-"

"Sophie, this is Daniel." Mikey whipped out his hand from behind him and plopped Daniel down onto the breakfast table, his face like one of a little kid. "Daniel, meet Sophie. Sophie, meet Daniel." he beamed.

I stared down at the stuffed animal on the breakfast table. It was a lion. A miniature, plush toy in the form of a lion. Owned by an eighteen year old.

"Michael Clifford, everyone." Luke muttered, shuffling into the room, pouring the water Michael had just boiled into his own cup. His hair was flat up againt his forehead, masking his eyes in sand coloured strands.

"Hey, Luke?" Michael called, Luke looked up. "Shut up." he turned back to face me, waiting for my reaction. I glanced over at Ashton,

"D-do I stroke it or something?" I stuttered through gritted teeth, unaware of how to behave in this type of situation.

Thankfully, Luke spoke up before I had to make any contact with the stuffed playtoy Michael was ever so fond of.

"You're so hardcore, Michael." He taunted. Michael picked Daniel up into his arms.

"I'm sorry," he tilted his head defensively, "but wern't you the one who got told off for signing a girls boobs?"

Luke grimaced at Michael, before dropping his head, admitting defeat as Michael sauntered out of the room triumphant.