The Matchmaker ver. 3.0

From Wattpad, (Yes, this is the version I deleted.)

First Published: May 6, 2013

Last Updated: August 17, 2013

Words: 32,956

Summary:

All it takes is one incident to change your life forever.

With memory loss, she lost her friends.

And with identity loss, she lost her online identity as the matchmaker known as Malt.

Being taken away from her past, everyone thought Malisa would move on - without her old memories, her old friends and certainly without Malt. But when she finds out that there's a possibility to get everything back, Malisa risks it all.

The only thing stopping her is one particular guy who definitely holds the key to unlocking her past.

Why is he so keen on making her forget about what happened?

----

Prologue

It's been almost four years...

...Four years since that incident...

Yesterday, I heard her name again.

"Have you heard of that person? - What was her name? - Oh, that's right! It's Malt!" The girls giggled as they gossiped, loudly and ran off to class.

I stopped mid-step. My heart began pulsating inside my chest. Was I just hearing things? She couldn't have meant-? Right?

I sped to my locker trying to block out the sound people around me chattering. I never adjusted well to big changes - this year, was a new school - and even with the year being almost over, I was still nervous in such a big campus. My palms were moist as I turned the dial on my padlock, quickly shoving my books into my locker. I felt nauseous. The last time I had heard or seen anyone ask for Malt was the day Malt disappeared.

"You okay? HEY!-" I slumped down against the locker as the sound of someone close by calling out loudly, slowly faded out.

I had thought she was gone forever...

"It will be fine, she'll be alright when she wakes up." A soft voice spoke. My eyes fluttered open, alarmed. Where am I?

"Malisa, you're alive!" I felt warm fingers wrap around my wrists. "How are you feeling?"

I smiled, seeing the familiar face. It felt like I had just awoken from a long nap.

"Irene, what are you doing here?" I managed to asked.

"Um..." Irene hesitated. "Surprise?"

I laughed, feeling nostalgic.

"I'm sorry, you're just hard to surprise." Irene chuckled, returning my smile.

"Well, there must be a reason." I countered, smirking. "Good to see you again."

"I came with school." Irene admitted.

"School? They allowed for you to come here?" I asked, supporting myself to sit up.

"You haven't heard? There's a drama festival here!" Irene looked surprised.

"You know how I am." I smiled, weakly.

"There was that and also I wanted to see your new school." Irene smiled. "Especially because I missed this CSI detective observativeness of yours."