Magic Society

From FP

First Published: Jul 5, 2011

Chapters: 1

Summary:

A society of magic, different from ours. Twelve different worlds, each with different elements. Moonstone Academy, a school for the element users of these worlds. What could happen? What will happen?

Title: Magic Society

Category: Fiction » Romance

Author: ChocoMalt

Language: English, Rating: Rated: T

Genre: Romance/Fantasy

Published: 07-05-11, Updated: 05-08-13

Chapters: 2, Words: 1,744

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Magic Society

Chapter 1: Moonstone

Moonstone Academy was the most famous private school known to man, only geniuses can even be accepted to take the entrance exam. The start of a new year meant that there would a new set of first years taking the exam; this was an important time for the school.

What normal humans do not know is that Moonstone Academy isn't a school for the geniuses; it's a school for the gifted. Only those few with special innate abilities are able to take the exam and since these gifted beings are naturally smarter than most humans, Moonstone Academy has been viewed by the public as simply 'A private school for the gifted and talented'. Simply by becoming a student of the prestigious academy gave you a status as a celebrity.

The to-be-first years hustled nervously into the school grounds, staying in groups. There was one girl, however, who stood out from all the rest; all the magical beings in this universe were viewed as elite simply because of their outward appearance, except for her. She was either extremely ordinary or extremely extraordinary, depending on your perspective. She didn't seem to know any of the other applicants, yet she didn't look nervous or inferior at all. In fact, you could say she looked calm, or even, eager for the exam.

The new student's entrance exam consisted of three separate parts; the written exam, the ability exam and finally the obstacle exam. These exams lasted from three to ten days depending on how well you do. The applicants were instructed to head to the exam hall and prepare for their written exams, they were allowed to site where they desired. As expected, all the boys sat on one side of the room and all the girls sat on the other, all the girls except one. The girl from before was the only girl who sat on the boys side and immediately rumors about her were spread.

"Who does she think she is? Is she a VIP or something?"

"What world is she from? Don't they teach manners there? I heard she hasn't got any parents or relatives."

"I think she hasn't got powers, I think she's a human!"

"Maybe it's not a she, maybe it's a cross-dresser? That would tarnish the reputation of this academy!"

There were many more like this, and it was definite that she could hear and know about all of them, yet, she sat there in silence as if the whole world around her didn't exist.

"All right you may start!" the exam proctor announced after all the test papers were handed out.

The whole room went silent and the girl turned the page and wrote her name, 'Alyssa', at the top of her exam. Across the whole room you could hear the sound of pens and pencils moving furiously as each applicant completed their exam paper.