chapter 5

As we waited for the convoy I swirled rocks around in my hands.  Occasionally tapping them on people as we waited. I heard the trucks coming in the distance and my brother was all over it. I waited till it was my turn to get them out of the truck. That's when I realized my powers were not working. This was not going to stop me to get her out of the truck. I casually walked towards the truck as everyone was not sure what was happening. I noticed a man holding a device.

"See I told you this would stop them from being able to use their powers if that is how our tire popped." I had to think quick on my feet.

"Excuse me sir!" They all looked at me guns aiming. " I... I...I need help."

"You're one of them."

"One of who?"

"You're a mutant like them." I made tears stream down my face.

"I just got away from them. They have been... been... using me in ways...It was to revenge my parents."

Johns POV

I saw Salali approach the men. I wanted to scream at her for being so stupid but I knew that she had some kind of plan and that they had never seen her before. I saw her speaking too them and  tears rolling down her face.

Salali POV

I pulled up my shirt to the men for them to see bruising. "That is not all" I fell to my knees as they ran over to me. "Please help me." I could see Polaris looking out the window at me. I knew exactly what she was thinking the mutant-less girl will get killed. As the men can closer to me to help pick me up I pulled out a knife from my boot and stabbed the machine. the gears smashed together as we heard a sizzle.

"You bitch!" The men slapped me across the face. I got so angry that I lit their bodies on fire. They screamed in pain as more men came running out towards me to try and capture me. I moved so quickly as I saw the rest of the mutants going back to the original plan to save the people that were stuck in the bus. Everyone quickly exited the bus and were running to get out of the area. I watched as everyone quickly ran behind the building. The man that we're on fire continue to scream as people try to stop the fire. What they didn't realize is that fire would never stopped on the side allowed it to. That is when my body was taken over by a vision. I was in the darkness again I heard a voice it sounded like one of the Struckers or maybe both screaming.

"Get out, Get out" I got out of the vision and ran. I quickly moved back to the building I had started from. I have just seen everyone run back here but it seemed as no no one was around at all. I heard voices coming from behind me and it sounded like a man. I ran I ran as fast as I code into the woods and I just kept running I could still hear them running behind me. I didn't know what to do I had no way of contacting anymore and I had no idea how we have gotten there, so I continue to run. I ran till my legs gave out. I looked up at the sky as it began to be getting dark stars slowly illuminated the sky and I lathan and I allow the blackness to consume my body once again.