Chapter 12: Clarity

(A/N: This chapter is heavily inspired by the TomTord fanfic - Dear Starboy by saltiestblueberry)

________

(Akashi Seijuro's POV)

With winter season kicking in, most of the grassy land here were wiped out by a pure white blanket of snow and fragile snowflakes fell from the chilly sky. Pavements were almost like ice rinks from the frost and glowing christmas lights were distributed across the Tokyo streets.

"Where is it?"

I peered through the mailbox, rummaging through the numerous irrelevant, business envelops. "Aha, there it is." I sighed in relief as I returned back inside the residence -to my bedroom- with the baby blue envelop caressed in my hand.

❄________❄

I leaned back on the creaky, wooden chair, opening the envelop, then placed the letter on the table in front of me. I took a decent amount of time to inspect it.

There was a border of drawn, pastel coloured flowers around the piece of paper as well as some stickers of golden, glittery stars. I smiled lightly at the decorations, 'so this is the artistic side of him, huh? That's quite impressing.'

I read the cursive writing on the letter.

Dear Akashi-kun,
How are you doing? Sorry to hear that your phone broke about a month ago, Kise-kun finally told me after hundreds of texts to you. Hopefully you're coping well in your exams and also life in general! Luckily I don't have to do my exams, although I do miss reading in the library and playing basketball back in Seirin.

Anyways, the snow is really beautiful today isn't it? And guess what, the hospital gave me permission to walk around outside without sitting on a bed all day! I might visit Kise-kun and look through the toy stores with my aunt.

But the main reason I sent this letter, is to invite you to Yoyogi Park tonight, at 10pm. Just you and me. It's been three months since you last visited and I was getting pretty lonely so consider this as our first date! I'll be waiting by the bridge, see you then!

Love you, Kuroko Tetsuya ♡♡

A rosy red tint appeared on my cheeks at the two small hearts next to the name. I chuckled.

"I love you too, Tetsuya." I whispered softly to myself as I slumped further back into the seat. I took my earphones which was perched at the edge of the table (already connected to my iPod) and plugged it into my ears.

I tapped the screen for the song to play.

'High dive into frozen waves, where the past comes back to life'

I stared at the cloudy white ceiling, tapping my fingers on the surface along with the rhythm of the song.

'Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it everytime'

I glanced through the open window beside me, I shivered as soon as the breeze seeped into the room.

'Hold still right before we crash, cause we both know how this ends'

I gazed at the cherry blossom tree outside the front yard. The pink flowers from the branches already came off.

'The clock ticks till it breaks your glass, and I drown in you again'