Chapter 6:Live It Up

Janet

The next two weeks were a blur. I was barely even talking to anyone. I was staying with mother because she was the only person I could stand to be around. I was laying in bed with my eyes wide open. I had to get myself together.  Davey's wake was in a few hours. I didn't anyone to go with me because I didn't want seem vunerable. I had to be strong. If there's was one thing I knew, Davey wouldn't want me cry or be sad. Don't get soft on him. Always remember the happy times. I went through my old photo album. Me and him had made what we called

The Best Times

I flipped through and laughed at some of these pictures. I reminded myself of the good times.I wanted to go with a peace of mind. As I was looking through,someone knocked on the room door.To my surprise it was Pac.

Pac:How you holding up?

Janet:I'm alright. Why are you here?

Pac:I mean damn... I can't be concerned?

Janet:It's not that. I'm just surprised to see you.

Pac:His wake is today right?

Janet:Yea. His family had him cremated. So it's just a wake.

Pac:You want some company.

Janet:You would go with me?

Pac: Look,I know how hard it is to lose someone that close to you. Sometimes you need that shoulder to lean on. Of course I'm going with you.

Janet:That's really nice of you. But if you-

Pac:Stop it. I'm going and that's that. Now go get ready and we will be on our way

I was happy he was going with me. I really did need him. The Church was not very big but was a comfortable size. A lot of Davey's family were outside and around the yard. I know most of them and spoke. The one person that made my heart melt was his mother Ella. Her long black hair flowed elegantly down her back. Her soft green eyes beamed with hope when she saw me.

Ella:Janet honey! How are you?

Janet:Hi Ms.Ella. I'm well. I should be asking you this.

Ella:As good as I can ever be. I'm glad my Davey had a real friend like you in his life. Oh is this your husband?

I elbowed back so he wouldn't say anything crazy.

Janet:No Ma'am. My very close friend of mine and Davey.

Ella:Nice to meet you, Um

Pac:Tupac. And the pleasure is mine.

Ella:Well a friend of Davey's is always welcome. Let's go in.

The service was a very soft and mellow setting. More of remembering the way Davey was. Not the usual heart tugging music and crying. Although there were lots of tears. There was a long table filled with his pictures. In the middle was our prom picture. I still remembered us making the pact to take each other and not wasting time to ask anyone when we could just go together. I smiled as I looked at the picture. That was one of the best nights of my life. Once the service ended, me and Pac went for a drive. As we,drove I remembered my promise to Davey. I was going to branch out and go with my heart.

Pac: Hey,I'm having a little party at the club tonight, you gotta kick with me.

Janet:It will do me some good to get out of the house. I have to go home and get ready.

Pac:Cool. I'm swing you by and then come back to get you about 10,

Janet:You got it baby.

Pac:So I'm baby now?

Janet:Yes. I'll be ready.

I peeked him on the cheek and went into my house. Rene wasn't home so I could get ready in peace. I put on a black crop top with high waisted blue jeans shorts. I let my hair down and did my makeup. Just as I finished my last touches,I heard the front door slam. Rene came  posting in the doorway.

Rene:What is all this? You attempting to dress up for?

Janet:Does it matter? I seems to remember you not giving a flying fuck what I do.

Rene:I'm just trying to save you the embarrassment.

Janet:The only embarrassment I have is having your last name. Now is you don't mind,leave.

Rene:I guess you feel salty because you can't live off you maiden name anymore.,Janet you really crack me

I walked into the bedroom and put on my shoes. He followed in there,with a ridiculous smirk on his face.

Rene:You are pathetic

Janet:No Rene,YOU are pathetic. All you do is put me down. I take it because somewhere in my heart,I love you. But There's only so much a woman can take. No woman is gonna out up with your shit like ne . And when I leave,you'll wish you would've done me right.

I walked past and out of the house. I walked down the street to the park and used the payphone to let Pac know where to get to come get me. After about 10 minutes,he came and I hopes in his car. He looked at as if I was a piece of meat.

Pac:Damn Square,why you soo damn fine?

Janet:I'm just me. Now I'm ready to party.

Pac:Oh word? Well I'm gonna make it a night you'll never forget. We drove for about 15 minutes till we got to Club Paradise. I got out and followed him inside. To my surprise,I see Shawnette and Tish at the bar.

Shawnette:Ummmm Who let you come out looking like that? I know Rene didn't.

Janet:He don't run shit over here.

Tish:Oh.She talking that boss shit now.What you been drinking?

Shawnette: I know. Must be strong as fuck to have to you talking like that.

Janet:Life's too short to be unhappy. So I'm gonna live how I want to live. Now stop asking questions and let's go.

I went to the dance floor and shut it down. I was all over the place. Me,Shawnette and tish owned that dance floor. I was finally having fun. I forgot about everything and just let loose.  I felt somebody come behind and of course it was Pac. We were grooving and feeling the music. I hadn't felt this good in a long time.I didn't do too much because,I had to keep it under the radar. Pac was my little secret until further notice. I let him go off with his boys and keep dancing. I finally sat down with Tish and Shawnette for a break.

Tish:Damn Booty,you are on fire tonight.I like this side of you. You letting loose

Shawnette:Yes honey. I'm glad to have our Janet back.

Janet:I'm glad too. I'm gonna start living my life for me. And have a blast doing it.

Just as I said that, we heard gunshots from outside. We all dropped and huddled. under the table.  There so much screaming and commotion. I heard sirens coming from the distance. We all got up and ran outside to see what happened. There on the pavement, was Pac. He been shot five times.

We ran over to him and he still conscious

Tish:Pac,hold on okay.You better fight.

The ambulance came and the e.m.t.s quicky placed him on the the stretcher. 

Is This A Sign?

Is this gonna be too much for Janet to Handle?

Comments Please:))