Chapter 6

Layla's POV 

I was walking to lunch with Tyler on my mind.It's weird. I miss him for some reason that I can't explain and it bugs me. I barely know the guy and I'm totally starstruck. His blue eyes that draw me into his soul. The way his hair lays on his forehead just makes me want to...no no no I can not go insane over his hair.Or his eyes. Or anything about him. I need to forget him because he probably already forgotten about me.

As I reached the doors I saw Bree standing at the double doors with a group laughing. They were the typical popular girls one would think of and they were definitely not my crowd. I started toward them not knowing what else to do. I mean it's my first day and I don't have any friend friends yet. Shoot I should be lucky that I, Layla Renee Bibs, manage to somehow become the (by the looks of it) most popular girl's new friend. If I am even considered her friend yet anyway. 

When I got closer Bree saw and waved to me.

"Layla I'm glad I am caught you. I want you to met all my friends here."  

Bree started to introduce me to all the girls there. Out of all the ten girls one thing was the same. They had different faces and colors and figures but  they all dressed the same. High fashioned clothes with purses and accessories out the wazoo. I was so not going to fit in with these girls at all. It's bad enough I stuck out like a sore thumb just while standing near them. This is going to be difficult .... 

"Layla? Hello, earth to Layla. Is anyone home?'' Bree was standing in front of me waving her hand back and forth in my face. Gee I must have blanked out or something. I glanced around me and realized all of Bree's barbies dolls had disappeared. She grabbed my arm and lead me through the doors. I noticed almost everyone watching us walk though the maze of tables towards the back where huge glass windows covered the back wall and let in lots of sunlight and had the whole room feel light and easy.As we reached the table closest to the windows I saw someone who looked familiar to me. His back was to me and had a white shirt shirt on. His dark hair looked soft and shiny in the sun. Then he turned around. It was Tyler and Bree was dragging me straight toward him! Ok I have to improvise.Fast. I started to try to tug my arm away from her but she held on to my arm not letting go . Damn she's stronger than she looks. Too late,we were practically in front of him now. 

"Hey baby!" Bree greeted Tyler. " I want you to meet my new friend Layla. She"s new here and I thought we could let her sit at our  table."

Tyler's whole face lit up when he looked me. Butterflies danced in my tummy only it felt more like elephants stomping around in it. 

"Layla, it's good to see you again so soon." I smiled for the fact that he even remembered me. But of course how do you even forget the girl you randomly maked out with anyway. 

"Hi Tyler it's great to see you again too." I replied trying to keep my cool. Let's not make make me a fool three times today. It would really be unfortunate. 

"Ummm you guys know each other?How?!" Bree butted in. 

"Oh we had a little run in this morning. And on that note can we talk real quick Layla.?" 

Oh no. I knew this would happen. He gonna tell me this morning was a mistake and I of course should have known this. He used me this morning obviously. Plus it seems him and Bree are together and that leaves me as the home-wrecker. Just great. 

"Uh sure.Why not?" I said giving a small smile that didn't even touch my eyes. 

"Cool.Let's go." And with that he grabbed my arm and lead me out of the cafeteria. With everyone watching.