14

I   close my eyes and fall asleep my body weirdly and uncontrollably exhausted. I don't dream I just sleep peacefully.  Seemingly an hour later (but in reality i know its at least five hours) I'm awoken by Tom. He shakes me lightly and says "Come on wake up Sol."  I groan and then sit up. “What  time is it?” I ask rubbing my face.  “Breakfast time.” He answers walking out the room and shutting the door . I stand up shortly after he leaves and yawn. A couple minutes later  I stumble out of bed and walk over to the bathroom and relieve myself then take a shower. After that I dry off  and brush my teeth. 

              Then I walk out the bathroom and put on clothes. There’s a light knock on my door and I walk  over to it and open it. Alyssa stands there wearing shorts and a T-shirt.  I look beside her and see Tom and he nods .“Are you done yet?” Tom asks me. I nod and walk out into the hallway wearing a black shirt and jeans and blue Nike sneakers. “How’d you two sleep?” I ask Alyssa and Tom. “It was good.” Alyssa says shrugging. Tom grimaces and says “It was horrible , I dreamed that Phillip and Tanner were massacring New York city.”  I open the door for Alyssa and Me and Tom. 

            We walk into the cafeteria the aroma of eggs ,bacon and  waffle’s filling our senses. Then we walk over to the  breakfast line. I shovel  bacon unto my plate then  sausages and hash browns, eggs and French toast .  After that I follow Tom over to  our group table. Sylus  is shoveling bacon into his mouth  and grunts as we walk over and sit down. Apparently we’re the first three to the table. I pour maple syrup all over the four slices of French toast in my plate then eat two. 

                 The French toast was delicious. So was all the other food that I finished in about two minutes and was in the  for more in about three. I pile three omelette’s unto my plate and then sit down.  Lucas and Ralph are now also at the table. “So what are we doing today.” Ralph asks Tom eating a sandwich of eggs , bacon and sausage. “Oh about that.” Tom says handing out key cards to each of us. I take mine and look at it. I was wrong its not a keycard it’s more like a super thin phone by it being two inches long and an inch wide. It has metal on the edges  and  glass in the middle . I touch it and an image comes up of  me and a bunch of statistics about my powers and all that.   

               After that I slide my finger across the screen and it has a map of the whole base. Then I slide my finger across it again and a schedule comes up. 

It reads:    Breakfast 7:00-9:30 am   

   Sparring in the cube       10:00-12:00 pm 

    Exercising       12:30-1:00 pm

       Lunch      1:30-3:30pm

      Team v Team  4:00-7:30pm   

     The rest I didn’t scroll down to look at.“So what’s the purpose of having this?” Ralph asks. “So you don’t have to keep asking Tom what we do next ,it’s basically an I.D. card.” I explain sliding it into my pocket. Ralph spits the orange juice out his mouth and all over the table, and laughs and the rest of us soon join in. Li walks up to the table and sits to my right. Tom hands him a I.D. and we slowly stop laughing. 

               “It’s an I.D.  card basically.”  Tom explains when Li gives him a weird look. Li sits beside Tom and says “When are we going to the cube?” Ralph looks at his I.D. card and says “In about ten minutes.” I finish up my omelette and drink some orange juice. After that we talk about how good the food was. “Well of course it’s better  because here we don’t get it injected into our veins.”  Sylus says. I grimace remembering  how the aliens had set times for us to use the bathroom and how they injected nutrients into our veins.

         So basically we ended up super muscular which helped in our training .My training had been battling  through a maze filled with monstrous aliens that  had been getting increasingly difficult. So I was glad we were on earth because we could train without near death experiences. “Guess its time we go to the cube.” Tom says checking his I.D. then standing and pushing his chair in. The rest of us follow in suit. 

                     We walk into the cube minutes later. To the roar of  the crowd. Four androids emerge from the ground all of them clad with advanced armor and weaponry. These androids looked like they could actually kill. Sylus whistles then says “Well damn someone’s had some free time.” The androids all power up their weapons with a low electronic hum, simultaneously.  Four more appear behind them and eight  to the right of us. “The assassin’s  will use advanced weaponry and ambushing to their advantage. Your goal is to survive.” Says a gruff voiced weapon master.

     I  crack my knuckles and my neck. “Begin.” The weapon master says thrusting the androids into action. I dodge out the way as an androids blade swings at me. I front flip over the front row of androids and land on one in the second rows head. Immediately green lasers are fired at me making me drop off the androids head and unto the ground. They quickly surround me and start firing. My shirt is being torn to shreds but I feel absolutely no pain. 

          Then I hear a crackling noise in the air around me and as I open my eyes I see  a green hue pulsing around me. I’m absorbing the energy I realize and start smiling. Then feel a warm  trickle run down my nose. It’s too much energy I realize  then push out with it. Imagine having  millions of tendrils of energy attached to your body that you  can control. That is what it felt like as I literally demolished every android in a eight foot radius of me. Everything was different shades of green as I fall seconds later a loud buzz filling my ears. 

              Somewhere far away amid the buzzing and the crackling I hear yelling and running but all I see now is dark green shadows. A figure tries to attack me but I hold out a hand and it  explodes into  a mound of swirling ash. I’m too strong for my own good and I release another shockwave of energy. It’s like I’m a spectator in my own body because I can feel what  I’m doing but I can’t stop it. The shockwaves had most likely destroyed the cube and everything around it.

         I can only hope my friends survived. After three more massive shockwave’s I fall to the ground and into unconsciousness.