Chapter 5 ~ Thin Air

"Sweetie, I won't hurt you," I said to a little girl who was hiding in the corner of the bathroom. There was no response, she just stared into my eyes. Your probably thinking, how did she get there and who is she. But to be honest, I really don't know.

------ 1 hour earlier ------

I woke up like always, got ready for school since it was Tuesday and decided to go to the bathroom.as I walked into the bathroom I saw a shadow behind the door then I quickly backed out. "What do I do? Do I go in, do I tell mum?"

Then I heard Lilly say, "tell mummy what?" She looked at me with very curious eyes.

I stared at her, "uhhh, um, nothing, just was gonna tell her I need to get, a uhhh. A new toothbrush!" I said as I realised Lilly probably wouldn't buy my lying.

"Ok!" She smiled after staring off into the middle of nowhere. Then she stood there and said, "so are you going to move so I can use the toilet?"

"Toilet is clogged again. Your going to have to use mum and dads." I said with a fake laugh.

As Lilly walked off and started heading back upstairs, I gathered up a little confidence, walked in and quickly shut the door behind me.

"Hello.. Uhh, my name is Ashley.." I said with a bit of a stutter, "what's your name?" There was no response. Of course I didn't expect one right away, but it would've been nice to know who the heck was sitting in my bathroom.

"Sweetie, I won't hurt you," I said to the little girl hiding in the corner of the bathroom. There was no response, she just stared into my eyes. Your probably thinking, how did she get there and who is she. But to be honest, I really don't know.

After a while, when there was no talking she finally said in a sweet soft voice, "I'm annabelle. You can call me Belle." She slowly looked up at me then brushed away her long dark brown hair. I was stunned, I didn't expect her to say anything after being quiet for almost 2 hours.

"Why are you hiding, if you don't mind me asking?" I said.

"Your in trouble, something is going to happen to you in 72 hours!" She began to open up and speak louder.

"Can you tell me what?" Then she disappeared into thin air.