Chapter 9 ~ Samuel, it's me!

A year has passed and I decided to go back to school, the changing didn't start until I was 20. I was in year 12 and it was my birthday. I was turning 18. The colour of my skin had turned from tan to pure white in an instant. I woke up on my birthday looking at the mirror, first thing my eyes were drawn to was my skin.

"Ahhh!" I then started moving my hair, picking it up and letting it fall down.

"Ashley, are you okay bub?" My mum didn't come in, she just stood at the door.

I've found out that when I walk towards the door, I disappear until I get through to the other side. I've also realised that I can walk through walls when I'm in 'human form'.

My hair was pure white. My whole body, head to toe was white and pure. I walked out of my room, saw mum who had dropped the bowl of food and had her mouth opened staring at me. Lilly was wide-eyed.

"Mummy, who's that?" Lilly said staring at me.

"Dear, can you go to your room please?" Lilly looked at her and stomped off madly.

"Ashley? Is that you??" Mum was looking at me with her head slightly tilted.

"Oh my gosh, mum! What's happening to me!?" I panicked and started crying. Mum pulled me in close hugging me telling me it's okay. I knew it wasn't. The change was happening too fast and mum knew it.

"Ash, when you begin to.. change, just tell me. Say it's you. I don't want to lose my daughter!" She looked at me and pulled me in close again.

I was scared, Samuel won't recognise me. We haven't spoken in a while but I liked him.

------ 2 hours later ------

I decided to call him, realising it was now or never.

We met up at the park, first reaction was to kiss him for a long time.

"Uhhh, Ashley?" He looked at me with his lips still puckered.

"Yeah, I know. I uhh, died my hair?" I looked at him, unconvinced myself.

We stood around talking and kissing. I didn't tell him about my change. We decided to go to his house and I stayed there the night.

The next morning, I woke up. Samuel was just staring at me. I was confused. I sat up and looked towards my right, into the mirror. I shrieked.

"Uhh, who are you?!" He asked me with a weird look.

I pulled the sheets up closer to me, wrapping it around me. "Samuel, it's me!"