Chapter 8 ~ Hello?

Well, I have figured it out. I am a Ghost.

"Ash, please remember that this is not permanent. You do change, but people will not know you," Seth paused and looked at Marcus, as though they can speak to each other telepathically.

"Your voice," Marcus paused, "and looks.." He laughed. Why would you laugh, this is a serious matter!

"What are you laughing!?" I looked down between my top and there was food there. Leftovers from lunch, "oh.... Thanks?" I didn't know whether to be thankful or angry they were looking at my chest.

"Grow up!! Hey.. Where's the other guy? Uhh, Quinton?"

"Oh you mean Quintin? Uhhh... I don't know if you should know about that just yet because..." Marcus was cut off by Seth who interrupted and elbowed him.

"Marcus please, just tell her.." He shook his head, "fine I will.. Quintin... Uhh, he died. Unknown of course.. Although... It is known..."

I was gobsmacked, "what do you mean?!" I looked at them both.

"After 10 or so years of drifting and changing, you begin to slow down physically. Growing twice as fast. Dying at the age of 40," Seth looked at me with a concerned look on his face.

"You also need to know that," Marcus moved quickly and as he moved, he faded away. Cutting Seth off of his sentence, Seth started suffocating. Well, he was being put to sleep.

I saw Marcus return to where he was standing, "what the hell?!" I was confused.

"Uh, you don't need to know what he was going to say," he looked at Seth laying down on the ground, "oh no, don't worry. I didn't kill him!!" He must of seen me looking at Seth too.

"Go home, you need sleep!" He told me, kissing me on the forehead.

------ Later that night ------

"Muuuum!!!! I'm home!!!!" I shouted as I put the keys to the car in the bowl.

"Asheey!!!! Where you been? Hehe," Lilly looked at me wide-eyed with a massive smile on her face.

"Haha, hey bubby!! What's up?" I bent down to give her a hug.

"I found a new friend todayyyy!!!" She spun around and her smile faded away, "Asheey? Where are yoooou?"

I hadn't move.. I looked at my hand and panicked.. "Lilly, I'm here!"

"Hello?" She was looking at me directly towards my face. I didn't know how to bring myself back without her knowing.