| F i v e

Annabelle's POV

Two months.

It has been two agonizingly slow months since my last encounter with that overly intimidating man. But throughout all this time, I still couldn't believe the truth about the title which lies beneath his name.

Alessandro, Big Boss of the Russian Mafia.

I shuddered. Even the thought of mentioning his name brought uncontrollable tremors on the pit of my stomach.

Not to mention, he touched me in places no man has ever laid their hands unto.

The memory of his lips brushing against my neck was tormenting, even more so, with the feel of his lips pressed on my skin.

My brothers would go berserk the moment they hear about this. I scoffed. My lips are sealed.

Leaving that thought aside, I pondered on a much more disturbing matter.

Upon hearing the revelation of Papà on that same day, I couldn't stop my body from trembling as the enormity of it all, finally hits home.

That's why he was able to reach to me first. He ordered his men to handle my bodyguards while he takes the matter in his own hands by threatening me.

But what exactly would he get by threatening me?

He even took three innocent lives just to get a hold of me. May God rest their soul wherever they are.

I mean, why me?

If he truly does have troubles in business regarding my father, why not go directly inquire his issues to him?

And what does father mean by sworn rivals? Does our family have any connection related to the Russian Mafia?

"Annabelle, are you listening?" I was broken out of my trance as Lucio's booming voice, which bounced around every corner of my room, reached my ears. I can tell he's annoyed judging from his tone.

He was standing by the doorway, with arms crossed againts his chest. This made his dark green tailored suit look more tight against his body, particularly in his biceps. He wore a matching colored pants and a black neck tie to complete his outfit.

Noticing my lack of response, he raised one sleek eyebrow, urging me to answer.

I was perched against the window of my room, overlooking a breathtaking view of the clear sky which keeps me entertained whenever I'm alone, wrapped with comfortable silence.

"I apologize, brother." I sheepishly replied while looking at him beneath my eyelashes hoping he'll cave in. "I was so occupied by my thoughts that I didn't hear you come in."

"And what kind of thoughts would that be? Mind sharing them?" He raised his eyebrow, obviously not backing down unless he seeks the answer which would satisfy him.

I blushed a deep hue of red, embarrassed of what's to come out of my lips. I've never been fond of lying and he knew it. That's one of my qualities I tremendously disliked about myself.

"I-I was thinking about that night" I couldn't afford to meet his suspiscious eyes, gazing at me incredulously as if I was missing a screw in the head, a-as if I was insane.

And not that I could blame him. What happened to me that night was the sole reason why I'm stuck in this hellhole of a mansion. I didn't expect that my confession would lead me to be condemned of being locked up for the rest of my unforseeable future.