Chapter 15

*Brad's POV*

I walked out the bathroom, heading straight for the bed were my phone lay. Flicking through my messages I had received from James. Before i could go and get changed the door flung open. Moving my hands towards the towl that was wrapped around my waist making sure it was secure.

"Oh sorry, I er-"She mumbled, turning to walk out.

"Shan wait-"She cut me off.

"How ever tempting you are standing inches away from me with just a towl on i would rather go into another room for the time being, thanks."She spoke stubborn but a slight smirk on her face.

"Yeh but, I'm going to get changed so you can stay been as it's your bedroom,"She turned and looked at me like 'oh yeah'. It had became more my room been as she spent most of her time in the study. I picked up my clothes and walked to another spare bedroom.

☆☆☆☆

I ran down the stairs, turning round the corner to where the kitchen was. I saw Shannon standing in the living room. Taking a few steps back I popped my head around the door.

"Everything okay?"I whispered, she jumped alittle. Turning around her teeth tugging onto her bottom lip a couple of tears escaped. Sighing I walked over to her, pulling her into my chest. I heard her giggle from under her breath.

"What?"I asked looking down to her.

"Your hearts racing."She smiled, nuzzling her head back into my neck. I didn't reply but she took the silence away anyway.

"Right I'm ruining my makeup."She laughed, holding her fingers under her eyes trying to stop the tears.

"Shan,"I whispered, my eyes on her body. She nodded making a 'mmmm' sound.

"You look beautiful."The words slipping from my mouth.

"Thanks but today isn't about me looking beautiful."She looked at the carpet, I stepped closer pressing my two hands on her bare arms.

"I know and I'm here for you, got that?"I whispered, she nodded. I got distracted as I looked at the clock, then Shannons mom and brother was in sight, I felt a squeeze of my hand. Turning my head I looked down at my hand then up to her a small struggled smile upon her face. We walked into the hallway then out the door. The weather surprisingly not that bad.

The sound of a car door opening and closing, then Erin and Connor made their way into sight. Erin giving Shannons mom a hug before making her way to Shannon. I felt a nudge in my arm turning to the familiar face, she gestured she was going to be one minute. I watched as her and Erin quickly ran back in the house.  I was left with Connor, we exchanged looks.

"Alright mate."He spoke.

"Mm, er- where's the boys?"I asked, Connor turned.

"Joe is dropping them off at service I felt bad bringing them here, you know."I nodded at him, I turned my head to see Shannons step dad walking out the house, he threw me a death glare. I didn't think he liked me that much. Distracted my his eyes I eventually looked at Shannon who walked out not looking so strong. Everyone turned and was quiet when the cars pulled up. A couple of the neighbours stood outside.

A man got out of the car, he looked very professional. He tugged onto his blazer. He cleared the silence.

"We have two seats free."He spoke stern before opening the door. No one moved then Jaki spoke.

"Shan, Dan in."Her voice broken.

"What about yo-"She had gathered them in the car before they could speak. I walked to the door where Shannon sat.