Chapter 10

*Brad's POV*

My stomach churned, everyone on had large meals and I hardly ate compared to Tris and Joe. At the hotel we stayed in because I insisted we didn't go off track we found out that the place Joe had an adress too was a big estate, which was always good news when the word 'big' comes to terms. I wasn't bothered how long it would take to nock at each door hoping someone would be in, then having to wait to see her beautiful face again however as long as I could find her and get her back, that was all fine with me.

I started to worry if she would forgive me? would she? I hope she would. This constant feeling couldn't hold down any more and it was eating away at me by the second. As we headed off with our directions it didn't take us long to stumble across the estate. It was private, but we managed to get in as we was on foot. I looked around the street that went on, and on... I sigh crept up on me. She could live in anyone of these or non. Joe happened to spit out last night that the address he got was not surtain to be hers but the percentage was at about seventy.

Picking up my pace I walked to the first door, my heart racing. I stopped at the step and brought my hand to the green painted door.

*Shannons POV *

Erin's arms wrapped around me tightly and I screamed into a cry. The tears didn't stop although my heart came to hault. I pushed Erin away from me gently, brushing past my brother (who was holding onto my mom in the corner) and then nocking the doctor out of my path. I slammed the door letting myself take a few breaths before running down the halls. I stopped at Ward A, bouncing my hands off the wall picking up my speed to the end of the Isle. I came to a quick hault, and pressed my hands onto the wooden door. My legs froze, I couldn't move. My eyes locked at the floor. I wanted to go in, I wanted to take a peek through the large window. Before i could do anything my hand slid the the handle and I stepped in.

I stumbled to the ground, my knees trembled and I fell near the bed. Resting my hands on the bars and I pushed myself closer to the top. A faint smile lit my face up. My tear fell onto his dry, pale skin. It made a round mark, eventually running down his chest. As I broke down I felt a squeeze to my hand. My eyes darted down to the feeling. I started to breath aloud. More of my tears dropped onto his face but it wasn't just mine anymore it was his.

"D-aa." I slurred before being cut of by a near to silent 'shhh' slipping from his blue, chapped  lips. Running my tongue over my mouth I nuzzled my head into his neck. Half lying on the bed with him. He bought his hand to my head, his touch making me shiver, a slight sigh passed over me. He kissed my head.

"it's going to be fine sweetheart. ."His voice cracked, physically breaking my heart. I lent upwards, getting up  from the bed.

"I -I love y--" I burst into tears, I could see the pain killing him bit by bit. I felt his pain, I could see he didn't want me to tell him I love him but it have to, while I can. While he's still here, here with me, talking to me, breathing..With me. I lay back on the bed closing my eyes. My breaths sharp, I lay my head onto his chest. Listening to his unsteady heart beating slowly, then fast. I could feel his struggle. I kissed his cheek, I whispered quiet but loud enough for him to figure out what I said. "I love you daddy, I love you so much." My soft voice trailed off, my eyes growing heavy as I slowly drifted away sleeping on my dad's chest.

I just wished one thing....

That when I woke up, if his eyes was still shut.

That his heart would still have its unsteady beat, bringing sweet music to my ears.

Music I never wanted to loose.

A/N:

so what do you think? what is going to happen?  is Shannons dad going to be okay? Will brad find her?

☆☆☆☆☆☆

sorry it's short, but the next ones will be longer chapters♡

Thanks for reading!