Birthday cakes

You were sleeping peacefully in your cabin but that quiet moment lasted very few.

There were lots of people who were shouting and that mess woke you up from your nice dream. What on Earth was happening outside the ship? You were curious and so you looked out the window of your cabin and you remained both shocked and confused at the view: your captain Luffy with your crew mates were arguing with some members of Whitebeard's crew... well, truth to be told, who were arguing were only Luffy and Ace. Those two were making more mess than an entire crew could do; but you were annoyed of Luffy's deafening cries. Many years being with Strawhat and still you had to get used at him yelling.

Anyway... you stuck out even more from the window.

"Sanji is the best! He will make it!" Luffy screamed at Ace.

"Oi!!" you yelled calling for their attention. "Who is making what?!.

"Oi y/n!" Luffy screamed again and smirked hugely. "Your birthday cake!".

God yes! Today was your birthday and apparently the two brothers were arguing over who would have prepared the cake for the party. How could you forget your own birthday?!

"Thatch will do! He cooks better!" Ace interrupted you abruptly. And those two kept on bickering until you became sick and tired of all of that.

"Stop it you two!" you ordered them by shouting and in one second they became still and with everyone around they turned to look at you to see what were you going to do.

"For god's sake stop arguing over such a thing! It's just a cake!".... "What about a contest between Sanji and Thatch?" you proposed.

"Not a bad idea... not at all" you thought by yourself proud and happy to have just made those two hotheads be quiet. Just until...

"Ok!" Luffy screamed again. "Let's settle like this. You will see, you baka!!! Sanji will will win!".

"No stupid... it will be Thatch".

"Tsk... look what I have to do to make them quiet" you thought and then you went on board with Nami and Robin relaxing on the beach stairs sunbathing in your costume while the cooks went to their own kitchen to prepare.

– Time skip –

Since Whitebeard's ship was much bigger than Strawhat's the party would be celebrated there; so while the cooks were in the kitchen making the last decorations you went to join the other pirates with your friends.

To greet you and wish you happy birthday first was Whitebeard nonetheless then the others followed his lead.

And after that music started and everyone, you first as special guest, began dancing.

The atmosphere was really cheerful full of laughters and songs and you couldn't wish for your special day more than a good company like that. It was really beautiful and you were chatting and dancing with almost everyone until when someone patted on your shoulder; and when you turned you saw Izo. And you blushed a bit at that gorgeous geisha-like man. You never told any one but you admired him and maybe a little crush for him was forming.

"Hi Izo. Want to dance with me?" you asked him curious with a smile but when he shook his head and showed you a wrapped box in front of your eyes you were amazed and confused at the same time.

"Is this... a present? For me?".

"Yes. You only are the person who has the birthday today" he smiled and at that you blushed.

"T-Thank you. You didn't have to disturb yourself" you thanked him with a smile.

"It's a pleasure. At least someone here is giving you a present" he smiled. He was right, among lots of people he was the only one who was giving you a gift.

You so opened the box in front of him and everyone else who stopped to observe curiously and when you opened... a red and light kimono with patterns of pink and white little flowers appeared. It was amazing and also soft at the touch.

"Wooow! It's wonderful!" you complimented and a hint of blush was to be seen on Izo's cheeks.

Then Sanji and Thatch finally made their appearance in the room.

Ace and Luffy made you go to the table where the two cooks would show the cakes and then everyone else joined; and when the cakes arrived in front of you you already felt your mouth water. One was made with raspberry mousse with some icing on top along with some raspberry; on the contrary the other was of chocolate and on it there were strawberries. They all looked delicious you didn't know where to begin to dig in.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!!" everyone shouted out loud smiling.

"And now it's time to judge!". At that sign of Luffy and Ace you started tasting; first a slice of the raspberry cake then one of the chocolate one... and then you remained silent and while eating you meditated on the answer to give.

"Sanji will win... I am sure" you heard Luffy whispering to Ace while thinking.

"No Thatch will, you idiot" he answered back and remained still to wait for you.

The two brothers stared at you impatiently wanting your opinion. "Oh come on! We don't have all the time of this world! Tell us!" they grumbled.

"Ok I decided" you told out loud and stood silent to create suspense.

......

"Both! I say both" you gave your verdict.

"Eeeeeehhh??? How is it possible? It's not fair!" the two brothers protested and everyone, Thatch and Sanji, laughed at them.

"Why this?" they pouted.

"It was only a way to make you shut up and stop arguing" Thatch told and then laughed and then all presents busted out laughing as those two were made fun of. Their faces and reactions were so priceless that you too couldn't resist and busted into laughing until you felt tears in your eyes.

Laughters filled the room but after a moment everyone composed themselves.

"To y/n! Happy birthday to you again and may you live long and happy" Whitebeard toasted with his glass full of sake and the others did the same thing too.

"Thank you everyone again" you showed appreciation and you drank your sake.

At last you stood up and went to Thatch and Sanji who were at the left of the table.

"Both of your cakes were delicious" and then you gave them a kiss on the cheeks.

"My favourite cooks ever" you smiled.

And then the party resumed and went on also when the moon was high up in the sky.