The dragon girl

Her eyes were now flames.

Her hair took the same colour of fire with shades of red and orange.

It took really little, only an insult, only a..

MONSTER.

Yes, that word she hated to hear but that was a part of her.

"You dare call me monster again and I'll kill you" she growled at the man who she laid down with a well launched fist on the nose and then under everyone's eyes she went out from the bar.

Alexis was taking a stroll.

She was still angry because of the insult she received.

"Monster" she murmured sighing. She knew she was but she didn't need or better she didn't want everyone reminding her that.

"Ehi!" a voice brought her back to reality interrupting her thoughts.

"Ehi you!". Again that voice and as Alexis turned she saw a guy running in her direction.

Brown eyes, black shoulder-length hair and freckles... the boy stopped in front of her and took her by surprise with a smile.

"What do you want?" she asked confused with a cold voice. "I'm in no mood of talking right now".

"You're the girl from the bar, aren't you?".

She nodded. "So what? What do you want from me? Insult-".

"You're awesome really! I've never seen a powerful girl like you." the boy interrupted.

That compliment surprised her. Did she hear right? A compliment? She stood silent and looked at the guy.

<< He must not be from here >> she noticed << everyone here knows me and keeps the right distance from me >>.

"You're not from here, are you?" she asked to prove her thought.

"Yes, I'm just passing by" he smiled "well, me and my other crew companions.".

Crew? Then that mysterious guy was supposed to be a pirate.

Then her eyes fell on the tattoo on his biceps: on them ASCE was written and the S was barred with an 'x'. And reading it out loud it resulted to be...

"Ace" murmured by looking at it. "Ace? Is that your name?".

He nodded. "Yes, I'm Portgas D. Ace".

Alexis couldn't believe it, she had in front of herself the Captain of the second Division of the Whitebeard pirates.

"What about you? What's your name?".

"Alexis, my name's Alexis".

"In the bar I saw you... you were changing into something. Do you have some kind of powers?".

"Y-Yes... I, hum, ate a Devil fruit when I was kid and I can change into a dragon".

"Amazing! This is really cool!" Ace cheered

"I'm too and in the crew there is another one who can turn. I bet you two can become friends! You have to -" Ace was so excited he didn't even finish talking he took her hand and took her to the port.

"There! Look! That is our ship, you can come and sail to the sea with us! I'm sure everyone will like you!" he cheered looking like an excited baby.

"I-I really can't" Alexis replied. "I think I won't fit with you.".

"Nonsense! Let Whitebeard decide that!" and after that he took her on board.

"Ace. What are you doing?" a friend of his asked and then "Who did you take on board? Who's this girl?".

Now the voice was deeper and as Alexis raised her eyes she remained stunned: Whitebeard was in front of her.

"I-I just can't Ace, I'm sorry" she trembled beginning to head back "No one wants me, I'm a monster.. I am of no use, I would be only a burden".

She was going down the ship when...

"Pops I saw her and she's amazing! She ate a Devil fruit and can turn into a dragon. I think she is worthy of being one of us".

Alexis froze on the spot as she heard Ace speaking like that and stood there waiting for the response from Whitebeard who talked after a moment of silence.

"Welcome on board dear".

Alexis opened her eyes wide. "What?".

"Welcome on board dear. I always desired to have a daughter in my crew and you would be a really fine daughter".

**

I'msoooooooo sorry for this break that lasted almost a yearT________________T

I'msorry but I didn't have ispiration at all.

Ihope I can return write for this collection