Chapter 1

"Cancer" 

With just one word, Bea felt that she was stabbed many times as her heart doesn't know what to react, doesn't know how to function well. Yes, confirmed. Jia has a cancer. Jia, her love one, has a cancer.

"Stage 4, breast cancer"

As the doctor continue saying how severe Jia's condition is, Bea can't help but to shed tears. She knows that she can't do anything to save Jia for this illness, death is expected. She can't heal Jia, ofcourse she is not a God or Goddess.

Without letting the doctor finish what he is saying, Bea hushed to the chapel of the hospital. She rarely pray, for she believes that no miracle will happen after doing such. She rarely go to church, for she believes that not everyone who go to church will receive salvation.

But this time, she bended her knees and closed her eyes.

"God?" She began in praying. "This is quite awkward for I don't know you. I didn't attend masses or sunday worship services. I didn't even pray every day and thank you for your blessings to my life. But I know and I believe you are true" Bea sighed. "And I know that you are the one who gave Jia to me. I thank you for that" She smiled. "All those years we spent together, you are always with us. You are the one who makes us stronger... I mean, make our relationship stronger and me. B-because as you can see, she is suffering. S-she is now w-weak" And her tears began to fall again. "You k-know that I don't wanna s-see her s-suffer, r-right?" She said between sobs. "But why did you let her suffer like this? Is there any g-great sin that Jia has committed?" She said as crystals continue to fall from her eyes. "She is a very good person. But why does she end up lying in that white bed with a lot of strings inserted in her body and a doctor saying that only those machines are the reason why is she breathing?" She wiped her tears and smile. "But if it is your will, i will not object because you have reason in everything you do. But please, just this time. I want to talk to her. Please" She sighed.

"Bea, Jia wants to see you" Someone tapped her shoulder, it's Jia's mom.
She wiped her tears and stand from kneeling, "Yes mamu, i'll follow"

Before leaving the chapel, she looked back to the altar, "You are really great" 

--

As she stepped to Jia's room, she really tried to be strong. She doesn't want Jia to see her in weakness because it will affect Jia a lot.

"Hi to my gorgeous girlfriend" Bea greeted Jia and kissed her forehead.
"Bei, you already know that i love you so much, right?" Jia asked Bea while struggling to form her words.
Bea nooded and smiled.
Jia held her hand, "And you already know that... I will no longer live in a long span of time, do you?" 
Bea's heart was literally in pieces after Jia said those. It's like someone already pulled the trigger that was pointed in her temple. "Babe, answer me" Jia added.
Bea just bowed her head to avoid the gaze of Jia for she wanted to hide those tears that are starting to flow.
"Please forget me" Jia said as she struggled to catch her breathing. "I don't want you to be wasted when I die. Please be happy" Jia raised Bea's head to meet her gaze, "Forget me and I want you to find someone else. Don't miss me when I'm gone" As Jia stated it, it really broke her heart. But not because of hurt or anger that she will no longer spend many years with Bea but because she wants Bea to be happy but not being the reason of it, anymore. Jia said it with a clean heart, but it doesn't mean, she did not bleed.
"It is not that easy Julia. I love you. And i will never stop loving you even when you die" Bea couldn't stop from crying. This is the moment she doesn't want to come because she is too terrified.
"It will be, soon." Jia smiled. "Please babe, promise me?"
"Y-yes. I w-will" Bea said between sobs.
"Bea, thank you. Thank you for those years I got to spend with you. I will--"
"Please babe, stop saying those" Bea stopped her. "L-let just spend this moment together. Please"
Jia smiled.
They cherished the last hour of Jia. They were just holding each other's hand. Kissing each other's forehead. Staring each other's eyes.
"I love you, Bea. And I will always love you up there"

And those were Jia's last words.

Bea tightly held Jia's hand, "I love you more, forever"

"Time of death, 11:11pm"

Flashback

"Happy 2nd Anniversary, babe!" Jia surprised Bea on their 2nd year together. With a lot of petals scattered around Bea's condo, table with a candle placed at the center of it and a sweet background music, Perfect by Ed Sheeran. A typical kind of date most of women dreamed.
"Babe? I thought we wouldn't able to celebrate our second? What's this?" Bea asked with confusion. Well, Jia planned this all by herself. She apologized to Bea fooling her that they wouldn't be able to celebrate their anniversary where in fact, Jia prepared a lot of things spend a lot of time and efforts already for her girl to be this shocked.
"Got you!" Jia laughed and walked towards Bea. "This day is very special. What makes you think I would allow myself not to celebrate it with you, stupid!" Jia chuckled.
"Y-you said you have a lot of thi--"
Jia shutted Bea with a peck on her lips, "No words. Do you want to celebrate it or not?" Jia asked with raising her eyebrows.
Bea bitted her lips to avoid smiling and touch Jia's face, "How can you be so perfect without even trying to be?" Jia's face turned into red and she avoided the stare of Bea.
It feels good to Bea and Jia that even they are already two years together, the sparks are still there. The redness and hotness of cheeks of both of them proved that they still have this effect on each other.
They spent the night eating foods that was served by Jia and cuddling while watching their favorite movie picked by Bea.
"Here, for you" Jia brought out a box and inside of it is a necklace. With 'JM' sculpted in it.
"This is too precious, Ji. You don't have to give me this. Wear this" Bea said and stand acting like she'll put the necklace around Jia's neck but Jia stopped her.
"No babe. It is for you" 
Jia stole it from Bea's hand and put it in Bea's neck. "Perfect" She whispered.
"JM for Julia Melissa, right?" Bea asked Jia but Jia just smiled. So Bea took that smile as a yes.
"Don't remove it while you are still inlove with me" Jia challenged Bea.
"Then it'll be right here, forever"

End of flashback