Chapter 5

After our meeting, we went to our respective areas for our lunch. Nagpaiwan ako because i'm the one who'll be fixing the laptop that was used a while ago and si Jho naiwan din sa upuan nya dahil nakascatter yung papers nya nung nagmeeting kami and she's having a hard time to fix those. Besides, wala pa syang kaibigan because she's new.

"Hey. Leave it there. Paayos mo nalang kay Deanna" I said while I'm also fixing the laptop.

"Hey. Leave it there. Paayos mo nalang kay Pauline" She said copying my tune of saying those a while ago.

"Kaya ko naman eh. Bat k--" I said but she cut it.

"Kaya ko naman eh. Bat ko pa iuutos sa iba" She said and continue fixing her stuffs.

'Ang sungit mo naman'

"May kasabay ka ba kumain?" I asked her.

"Hmm, wala naman" She answered and finally tapos na syang mag-ayos ng gamit nya.

"Come. Sabay tayo" I said and grabbed her wrist.

We went to the cafeteria of our building and ordered foods for our lunch. We are eating silently and it's not awkward for me. Kasi nga diba, don't talk when your mouth is full.

"Di ka ba magsasalita?" She said while looking at me.

"Mamaya na kita dadaldalin, pag tapos nating kumain" I told her and continue finishing my lunch.

"Close kayo ni Ji?" I asked her since tapos na akong kumain.

"Yeah" She said and smiled, "Super"

"How?"

"She's the one who helped me to be the Cum Laude. Sana nga daw ako nalang naging Suma non, mas deserve ko daw" Jia is really a nice person, a helpful one. Pag may nangangailangan, she's willing to spread her arms to help. That's just one of those traits of her that I really love.

I find myself smiling while walking thru my office with Jho. I can easily remember how Jia helped the poor guy asking for some coins to her. Nung una di nya pinansin pero hinatak nya ko sa isang fastfood chain and nagtake out sya ng order, akala ko that's for mamu and papu but she gave it to the child around the street. She even told me, "Pag may nakikita kang ganyan, gawin mo ginawa ko, okay?"

"Tapos alam mo ba, before our exams, kahit finals o ano pa mang kind of exams, hindi namin sya kagaya na nagccram or nagrereview a minute before our test, alam mo kung anong ginagawa nya?" Jho asked me while I can see in her eyes the excitement of telling stories about my girlfriend.

I know Jia so much to the point that I can answer Jho's question even doe we were not classmates.

"Pray" we both said.

"Plus, she entertained yung classmates namin na nahihirapan sa subject na ititake. Tinuturuan nya." 

Jia is full of faith. She always pray. Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit nya ko nagutuhan kasi unlike her, hindi ako malapit kay God.

'Bakit kaya si Jia pa kinuha nya? Bakit hindi nalang ako?'

"One more thing, napakahabulin ng lalaki si Jia" Jho said and laugh, "Pero wala syang inentertain kahit isa!" She pointed me, "Kasi babae pala gusto nya.."

I laughed. That's true. Jia has no ex boyfriend or girlfriend. I was the only one. I am. 

"Sana pala niligawan ko siya non" Jho said.

"Hoy!" I shouted at her. Pero pabiro lang naman.

"Joke lang! Sayo nga diba, sayo" She said while laughing. "Nakakamiss si Jia"

"Jho, bakit hindi ka niya napakilala sakin before?" I asked Jho seriously.

"H-ha? E-ewan. Walang time" She said while stuttering. Para namang kinabahan sya sa tanong ko.

Somehow, napapaisip rin ako. Hindi nya manlang napakilala sakin si Jho before. Eh close naman sila. 

"Bea, nalagpasan mo na office mo.." Jho told me that made me stop. Masyado ata akong nadala ng pag-alala kay Jia.

"Sorry hahahaha! Basta for tomorrow, ready your things. We will be there for 3 days, okay?" I said to her and she nooded. "And Jho, maghanda ka rin ng swimming stuffs mo, hindi malabong magswimming tayo don" I added.

After work, as planned, I bought Jia's favorite flowers and go to the cementery. Placed her flowers above her grave and set up the candle.

The same way I did before. I told her everything happened today and also about our new project in Palawan.

"You know if you're still living, ikaw sana kasama ko bukas eh" I joked.

After that I went back home and prepared a stuffs that i'll be using for our 3 days in Palawan.

I am in the middle of writing my letter to Jia this midnight when my phone buzzed.

From: Unknown number

Hi

To: Unknown number

Hello. Who's this?

From: Unknown number 

Guess who.. 

To: Unknown number 

I still have a lot of things to do. I don't give a damn guessing who you are.

I quickly placed my phone away from me and continue writing.

As I finished writing my letter to Ji and preparing my stuffs that i'll be needing, I catch my phone and check if there's a message from that Unknown number.

From: Unknown number 

I still have a lot of things to do daw. Sungit mo talaga.

Huy! Reply naman diyan.

Please!! I need you!

Magsisisi ka pag di ka nag-reply!

To: Unknown number

Sino ka ba kasi?

From: Unknown number

Let's say, pinakamaganda mong head architect 

I chuckled. The first person came into my mind was Jia, but definitely it's not her. This is Jho.

To: Jho

Jia?

I joked.

From: Jho

Bwiset. Head architect mo rin pala si Jia. Hays, failed.

To: Jho

Hahahahaha!! It's getting late Jho. We'll be needing to go to airport early later.
What do you need doe?

From: Jho

Uhhh, i have to ask you something kasi..

To: Jho

And what is it?

From: Jho

About that swimming attire, what are you going to wear?

To: Jho

Lol, texting me in the middle of the night just to ask what im gonna wear..  a little bit weird.. 

From: Jho

Just answer it!!

To: Jho

Well, I prepared pairs of two piece. 

From: Jho

Okay, same. That's all. Good mornight!

Weird.

To: Jho

Weirdo. Good mornight. See you later!