Chapter 2

And it was all black. 

Jia requested that she wants everything black in her funeral. Bea's now wearing a black polo long-sleeves with black slacks and a black shades to cover her tired eyes, probably because of crying for a week.

Today's marked as the last scene of Bea looking at Jia. Bea is just standing beside Jia's black coffin, staring at her wonderful face, She smiled. "Still the gorgeous girl i met before"

"Ate Bea, I found this inside Ate Jia's room. It was addressed to you" Jobok said, younger brother of Jia while handling a piece of paper towards Bea..
"Thank you, Jobok"

As she opened the letter, her tears started to fall again.

"Dear Bea,

I am sure that I am now resting in peace when you are reading this. Dont worry babe, I'll be okay for I am now beside God.

From the first day I met you, I already knew that there was something. We could be something. Remember how you fell inlove with me first? The night you confessed that you love me and I heard how loud your heart was beating. You were the first girl whom I fell inlove with and will be the only girl. What did I do to deserve someone like you in the first place? 

I am always praying to God and thanking him for giving me my Bea and for guiding us thru our way. And i want you to do that also. Whenever you are feeling down, happy, confuse or whatever feels you may have, just go and pray to ask for his guidance, okay?

But everything always comes to an end, babe. 

Did you know that I am planning to propose to you few months ago? Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. As much as I wanted to be always by your side, I'm sorry. I can't. I died.

Bea please move on. I dont want to see you suffer. Be happy. Find your happiness. Just make sure, if you'll gonna choose your happiness again, she's prettier than me! Hahahaha kidding babe.

Remember the necklace I gave to you? The one with 'JM' on it? And you still don't know what's the meaning?

You will find out soon. For the record again, it is not Julia Melissa, babe.

I love you so much, a lot, too much. I love you, forever.

Love, Ji"

"You're my 'The one that got away' babe. May you now rest in peace" She said and wiped her tears.

--

B E A

*Kriiiiing! Kriiiiing!*

I slowly travelled my hands to reach my alarm clock to stop it from ringing. As I successfully did it, I caress my head because it hurts so bad right now. Maybe because i lack too much sleep since Jia's funeral..

"How I wish you are still here" I whispered.

I fixed myself and did my morning stuffs before I go down to eat breakfast. Mom, Dad and Kuya Loel are now in the kitchen. I greeted them good morning and kissed them on their cheeks even there's no good in mornings at all since Jia died.

"So, you're going back to work now?" Dad asked me.
We own a company, actually my dad owns that company not me. Well, they're planning to give it to me someday so as much as i wanted to spend a lot of time moving on from what happened, it's a no because I don't want others to think that I can do and have what I want for I am the daughter of the owner. So I decided to go back to work after my 1 month vacation.. Oh that's not vacation, it's hell. Away from Jia is like a hell.
"Yes, dad. Besides, i have a lot of reports to do yet. Brought by 3 weeks of absent"
"You know, princess, you can set asi--"
"No dad. I can manage. Jia also said that I should move on for myself. Also for her" I stopped them. It's been almost 1 month since Jia died. After that, I excused myself to work with 1 month leave and then went to Japan to have some fresh air but unfortunately, it didn't help. I remembered that we were planning to go to Japan before she died.
"I got to go, I missed my table there" I chuckled then bid goodbye to them.

--

As I entered our building, all eyes are on me. Probably because of not seeing me in a month? Or maybe because they already know what happened. Ah, whatever.

I just smiled to them and continue walking to my office.

"It's good to be back!" 

I challenged myself to stay focused on the things that I have to do. I mean there's a lot. I began doing those things when I was disturbed by a woman shouting outside my office.

"A scandal here?!" I shouted as I went outside.
"Bea, kanina pa po kasi sya namin pinipigilan na pumasok sa office nyo kasi hindi naman po sya nag-file ng appointment kaya ayan nagwawala po" My secretary, Pauline said.
I looked at the girl. She looks good wearing a blue blouse matching her black skirt and 3 inches heels. I feel like there was electricity came out from my body when I met her gaze. But no, this couldn't happen. I raised my eyebrows, "Who are you?" I asked the morena girl.
"H-hello" She greeted me.

"What do you want from me?" I let her in to my office, she said she needs to talk to me.
"Mag-aapply sana ako dito eh. Kaso ang susungit nyo naman" She said and bowed her head.
"Nope, hindi kami masungit. And you should be applying for what position?" I asked her.
"Head architect" She said and give me her forms. "I am Jhoana Louise Maraguinot. 25 years old and I graduated from Ateneo de Manila University, Cum Laude" She said.
I was so shocked when she said those introduction of her. Jia also came from Ateneo, Jhoana got Cum Laude because Jia was the Suma Cum Laude of their batch. They were batchmates as I can see it in her forms. She's also an architect. Apparently Jia was the Head Architect of our company before what happened..
"Y-you came from A-ateneo.. From batch 2017. D-do you know--"
She stopped me, "Yes, I know Jia" She sighed. "And it really hurts me to know that she already died because of cancer." She said that shocked me again. She knows that Jia died cause of cancer? She must be a close friend of Jia since I can see the sadness in her eyes when she said that she's hurt.
"Uh, what's your name again?"
"Jhoana Maraguinot" Maybe this has a lot to talk about Jia.
"What's your nickname?" 
"Ah, Jho" 
"Welcome to the company, Jho. You're hired!"