Special Chapter (Jihoon's Birthday)

Jihoon's POV

"Aren't you going to tell your girlfriend that it's your birthday?" Woojin asks suddenly. The question takes me by surprise. My head turns immediately in his direction. He was laying faced up on my bed and fiddling with one of my stuffed bears. The other members were long gone by now, leaving the two of us to sit (or lie, in his case) in silence. Apparently, they all had full schedules doing who knows what, so I decided to spend some time lazing around what was left of my apartment. I was actually relieved to finally have a break in my own schedule, which was full this whole week, except for today. 'At least I'm free on my birthday.' I sigh.

Imagine one whole week of waking up at four to get your hair and makeup done, not eating until twelve in the afternoon, and driving from studio to studio throughout the day until midnight. Exhausting, right? Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I finally debuted after dedicating my time and effort to train, but I was completely unaware that I would be more sleep-deprived now than ever.

I scratched my head in thought. "I don't know. Do you think she would even care if it was her fake boyfriend's birthday?" The truth is that I'm pretty sure of the answer to that question- Lyra probably wouldn't care at all. Our relationship only began because of me, anyway. I knew from the first time I met Lyra that she wanted nothing to do with me. Maybe, that's why I agreed to being her boyfriend for a week, even though I knew she was joking. Although, the truth is that I'm still not one hundred percent sure why I got myself into a relationship with a girl I just met a few days ago, even now. To make matters worse, I just became an idol. And, that requires not doing anything that could result in a scandal, which was the opposite of what I was doing.

"You are still her boyfriend, though." Woojin says without any conviction in his own words. "Well, sorta."

I roll my eyes, "Thanks, you're really helpful."

Woojin sits up and winks at me, "Anytime."

I scoff, while standing up from my sitting position at the foot of my bed. "Anyway, you wanna go out? We both have nothing to do today and we should do something fun." I might as well enjoy today, since it is my birthday.

"Yeah, but can we stop by Lyra's apartment?" Woojin asks.

For some reason, the sound of her name makes me flinch. I don't even know why, but ever since our "date" (can it even be considered a date?), I've reacting this way whenever I hear her name. Damn, I sound like a girl. Although, in my relationship with Lyra, it always feels like she's more "manly" than I am. "Wait, why?"

"Nothing much. She just borrowed one of my DVDs and I want it back." Woojin responds, coolly.

"Uh, okay. Let's go right now."

Our walk to Lyra's apartment goes by pretty quickly. One minute Woojin and I are immersed in a conversation about this new fried chicken place that opened up right across the street, and the next we're in front of Lyra's apartment door, standing uncomfortably. The mood seems off somehow. Woojin knocks on the door with three loud knocks, using the back of his hand. I chuckle, remembering that he does this whenever he knocks on my apartment door. The two of us wait for a few seconds, before the door opens to reveal Lyra. Instead of the usual scowl she wears, I notice that there's a faint grin across her lips. 'Well, that's weird.' I wonder why she's in such an unusually good mood.

"Hey, guys," Lyra says, through a crack in the door. She doesn't fully open her door, causing only her head to show. 'Is she hiding something?' It was a bit awkward to talk to what looked like Lyra's floating head, but I was too lazy to question why she was acting so secretive. "I heard that it was someone's birthday today..."