Chapter 5~

"Show me your arms" Arthur demanded, shifting over to face the other.

Alfred's eyes widened at the order in disbelief. H-how did find out..?! He had been wearing either long sleeves, jackets or hoodies! What the hell....? The young nation sighed as he sat up, holding onto the pillow tightly.

Again, the elder nation ordered sternly with eyes narrowed, "Show me your arms"

Dropping the pillow, Alfred used only the thin sheets as a shield. He gazed down at his lap, figuring out in his own mind wether or not it was a good idea to run and hide. But..this was Arthur, the one he loves and knows he can trust. Arthur, the one who can also easily get hurt by his own actions...the one who can get disappointed in him.

'But I didn't do it for the reasons he thinks..'

With a defeated sigh, Alfred let the blankets pool around his legs and ankles. Scared and many fresh, bleeding slashes covered up and down both of his forearms now exposed to the Brit.

Arthur gazed at them, gently holding them and examining them as his green orbs widening at the sight. They brimmed with tears as he whispered, his voice cracked, "Why...? Alfred why di-did you do it..?"

Alfred let his hair cascade over his eyes, squeezing his eyes shut and shook his head. "I-It's not what you think...I don't do it b-because of.....what others do it for.." He trailed off, biting his lip softly and finally met Arthur's gaze.

"Then why..?" He choked out and let Alfred's arms go, intertwining their fingers.

Sucking in a deep breath, he began to explain, "Well..because that's the only thing that drives me away from hurting you when I get cravings. The smell of my own blood takes away the hunger, I have to so you wouldn't be at risk. I could never let you be the monster I am.." He gave Arthur a smile, although it was small and yet..sad.

Arthur felt his heart drop at his explanation, hanging his head a bit. So, Alfred was doing this......because of him..? Hot tears ran down his cheeks as he asked in a hopeful and shaky tone, "B-But what about the blood packs..? Can't they help...?"

Alfred only shook his head at the question and replied quietly, "The first time I did it, I never had them. But when I got them, I had cravings in the daytime. And because vampires are meant to sleep at the time, they can't drink blood or they would overflow with it and get really sick...that's what my research said..."

Two arms shot out as they wrapped around Alfred, taking him into his arms and warmth. Arthur held him close, nuzzling into the crook of the younger's neck. "I'm so sorry. It's my fault.." He repeated and sobbed as he held onto the younger tightly.

Alfred's own eyes brimmed with tears, although none rolled down. He burrowed into Arthur's chest, and shook his head. "Stop it Artie, it's not your fault.." He muttered and squeezed his eyes.

"I'm sorry, it's my faul-"

"Stop it!" Alfred shouted, a single tear falling as he pulled away from his arms. "Don't you get it? You didn't do anything, you can't help it, it's not your fault so stop blaming yourself..!" He exclaimed and shook his head.

The other nation only gazed at him, wide eyes in surprise. He then broke into a smile and pulled him back into the embrace. "You never stop making me feel better don't you twit? I'll stop, please don't cry..." He soothed and rubbed his back.

America sniffled and wiped away England's instead of his own with his thumb. "We should both stop...our capitals are dealing with rain now because of us." He laughed lightly along with a soft smile as England wiped his tear.