Episode 1

All of a Sudden… a Maiden Appears and a Bachelor Opens Up

          Knock. Knock.

            What is this? A joke? A girl with fawn hair thought after knocking on the apartment door twice.

            She had been waiting for someone to answer the door for several minutes, but no one had come out. Shortly afterward, one of the neighbors came out and glanced at the girl’s direction.

            “Oh?” It was a woman who was about ten years older than her. “Are you looking for Mr. Kougami?”

            The fawn-haired girl looked to her left. Her solemn expression soon became a heartwarming smile. “Yes. I was wondering where he was since no one had opened the door after I knocked on it. Would you know where he would be?”

            The woman’s eyes widened in surprise, which soon turned into a somewhat apologetic one. She placed her left hand on the side of her face and tilted her head to the side. “Oh, I’m sorry. Mr. Kougami isn’t home at the moment. He left to go to work about an hour ago. If I had known he was expecting a guest to arrive, I would have informed him sooner.”

            “Eh…?” The woman’s words immediately struck the girl. Then, she blinked and suddenly had a sad and slightly wrecked expression on her face. “He’s not here…? Then, where is he?”

            The woman frowned. “To be precise, all I really know is that he works at an all-girls high school. Perhaps you can find a way to meet him later?”

            “Oh.” There was a frown etched onto her face when she heard those words. “I’m sorry to have wasted your time, Ma’am. I’ll see if I can contact him later.”

            The woman smiled with her eyes closed. “You don’t have to think of it that way. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you.” She gave a light bow with her head. “Then, I’ll be going back inside now. It was nice to meet you, though.”

            “Yes,” the fawn-haired girl nodded. “It was nice to see you, too.”

            After that, the woman went back to her apartment, leaving the girl all alone outside.

            The girl sighed and took out her cell phone. “Guess I’ll have to call Kun Kun, then.” She dialed a number listed under the name ‘Kunihiko Aikawa’ and hit the call button. Immediately after she placed the phone next to her ear, the person on the other line picked up.

            “Hello?”

            “Hello?” the girl said. “It’s Mashiro. Yamato’s not at home right now, so can I come visit you right now? I don’t have anywhere else to go, so…”

            Kunihiko chuckled slightly. “I see. Well, you’re welcome to come over anytime. I’m free right now, so I’ll be waiting for you over at Long Island.”

            “Alright. I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Mashiro nodded.

            And like she told the man named Kunihiko Aikawa, Mashiro had walked all the way to a nearby sports bar called Long Island and opened the door, walking into the building.

            “Kun Kun?” she looked around. “I’m here~!”

            “Oh! Mashiro! You’re here!” a man with shaggy purple hair exclaimed as he walked up to Mashiro.