Chapter Two- Guardians

We went back to where the other... I don't even know what to call them. Only three are even remotely human.

"Ah, welcome back, Jack. And miss," said the big-armed man. "Vat is your name?"

That question again... But this time, I had an answer.

"M... My name is... Cupid..." I said, slowly. I held my head. How did I know that? I looked over to Jack and saw him looking at me quizzically. I looked back at the others. "I-I don't know... How I know that..."

"I do." I looked over at Jack. He wrapped his staff behind his neck and threw his other arm over it to hold it there. "You talked with the Man in the Moon, didn't you?"

"I don't know," I repeated.

"Yeah, I know you did. That's why you rose into the air like ya did. He told you your name and gave you your gifts," he exclaimed like a know-it-all.

"Her gifts?" asked the lady with wings. I held out my bow and arrows to show them. They all looked at them. The big man nodded. I held them close to my chest again.

"Yes, well, now, we get to vun part!" grinned the big-armed man.

"Oh, here we go..." Jack muttered under his breath.

"What?" I asked, innocently. He just looked at me and gave me a pitiful smile.

"Just roll with it," he said and he hopped over to where the others were.

"Now, you become Guardian!" said the man, and he threw his hands up into the air, jovially.

Two big hairy things, like the ones we saw before, came up from behind him and held up torches. The tiny red-cladded... I dunno, elves maybe? They played trumpets and one was stationed underneath the bearded man, playing a drum the size of his tiny body. These tiny winged creatures, they almost looked like hummingbirds, miniature versions of the flying lady, came up to me with a necklace that was a bit small, so they just placed it on my head. It had hearts on it. They were of three different colors; white, red, and pink. I looked forward again and saw the tiny elves marching forward, all of them playing trumpets and marching in patterns around the man. He looked like he was having a good time at least. He was marching with the music. I heard a fwoom next to my head and saw the beasts that held the torches were flipping them around like batons. The elves had reached me now and were marching around the huge globe that was behind me. It was all so much...

I crouched and covered my head. I blocked out the noise. I was scared. 'Guardian? What's a Guardian? I still don't know who I am. I know my name, but that's it. Who are these people?' All of these thoughts kept swirling around in my head.

A hand. I looked up from my little sanctuary. The others were looking down at me. I scurried backwards, propelling myself with my legs, but I didn't get far. I hit a thing and stopped. So many feelings were piling up inside of me. So many unknown things. I just didn't know what to do.

"Hey, it's going to be okay..." started the lady, but I stopped her.

"No... It's not going to be okay... I don't know who you guys are. I don't even know who I am. All of this is so sudden and unexpected, I don't know how to process it. I have no clue as to what's going on and all you guys are worried about is making me a Guardian. What even is a Guardian, anyway!?" The more I spoke, the louder I got and the more frustrated I became. "What is this place!? Who are those tiny creatures!? WHO ARE YOU!?" I bellowed. Tears had started to slip out, but I wiped them away as quickly as I could. They had all taken a step back. Everyone was quiet.

"Well... Umm..." It seemed that the big guy was their leader of some sorts and he was trying to figure out what to do. The person made of sand was making pictures above his head again to the leader. The man nodded and turned back to me.