Chapter Eleven- Meeting

We will now continue the story from Cupid's point of view. Happy reading!

I opened my eyes, but I felt like I was blind, it was so dark. Ever so slowly, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I began to make out shapes. There were many cages hanging from a cavernous ceiling. Below me was a cement floor, slightly tilted.

"Have a nice nap?" My cage was lowered suddenly, and quickly, but stopped right before it hit the ground. A figure stood in front of me. Strange... I felt like I had just been in a situation like this before.

The figure crouched, examining my still-half-asleep self. "Are you alright? I didn't scare you, did I?"

"No, not in particular," I drawled. I lifted myself up to sit on my right hip and hold myself up with my right hand while wiping my eyes with my left hand. "I'm sorry, but where am I?"

He chuckles, a deep, throaty tone that almost makes me melt. "You are home. Did you forget?"

I give him a half-smile. "Guess I did... Who are you, exactly? And please tell me why I'm in a cage." My eyes open wider, finally awake as I start to get a grasp on my situation. I turn to look around the cave, away from my captor.

Unexpectedly, the cage door opens and I whip my head back towards the man.

"Forgive me. You were just... a little mad yesterday and wouldn't stop beating up the cavern walls. You started going insane, if I may say. So, I had to put you in the cage for your own safety." He bent over and held out his hand. As soon as I touched it, it was as if the ground had started to shake beneath me. There was a black hole in my memories. I couldn't remember a thing.

As if he was reading my exact thoughts, he hefted me up next to him and pulled me close.

"Do you remember anything from the attack?" he whispered into my ear. I wasn't totally focused on what he was saying though. He was unnaturally cold against my skin and when I breathed out, I could see a bit of my breath. He shook me slightly and I snapped out of it.

"What... attack?" I looked up at him and immediately turned to jelly.

His hair was pure white and shaved on the sides. The rest of it flopped on his left side and shimmered when he moved. His perfectly chisled face held the darkest eyes I've ever seen. Well, they're the first eyes I have seen, technically. But they were so dark, like the night had crept in and was taken hostage. My breath was taken away from me and I let it go.

"Are you okay? Cupid? Love?" He shook me gently again and I came back to the present, sucking in the breath that I had lost to his eyes.

"Yes? I, um, I asked about the attack. What attack are you talking about?"

He looked down at the ground, then watched his hand as it slowly took mine. I didn't even realize he had wrapped his other arm around my waist.

'Don't let him get close. Run,' my subconscious told me. 'Why would I do that?' I answered, and ignored my subconscious.

"Well, you see..." He looked back into my eyes and this time, I started choking on my own breath. But, I learned how to breathe again so he could tell me.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but we have some enemies. They came here and they... They took all of our possessions and our sacred weapons. They even took my powers. Do you remember what my powers are?" I shook my head no. He sighed, exasperated, and continued.