Chapter Thirteen- The Final Battle: Part One

A blank slate. I felt... clean. I had no worries. No pain. No feelings. No need.

"Cue! Noooo!" A boy's voice called out. Who was that? I looked towards the voice. The boy looked like he was in immense pain. Maybe he should have some of what I have.

All of a sudden, two strong, warm arms enveloped me in a large hug.

"Do not listen to him. You are safe, here, in my arms," he said in his deep voice. It flowed into my ears like silk. I still felt nothing though. No feeling at all.

"We will be happy together, you'll see..."

"You get your hands OFF OF HER!" The other boy yelled. He pushed his way through the blackness to try and get to me, but was held back by a lady dressed in a long, black dress and had long, black hair. The boy pulled me closer, protectively.

I opened my mouth, then closed it again. I couldn't remember how to speak. But, I felt nothing towards it. I wondered what was happening, who I was, who this boy, that lady, and the boy with the white hair was. I didn't understand anything, but that was okay with me. I felt no loss.

Suddenly, the boy in white retreated to the rest of the figures on a lower platform beneath us. He spoke to each of them and after he spoke to each individually, they became more... animated, I suppose. They looked ready to fight. After he finished talking to the last figure, he turned towards us in the center of them, and raised his staff.

When he lowered it straight out in front of him, the figures ran forward, throwing themselves into a fight.

"Ha! Now this will become interesting!" screeched the lady. The next thing I saw would be horrific to ordinary people. I watched, still in the boy's arms, as little, black, octopi-looking creatures oozed out of her dress by the hundreds.

Three of the figures faced the octopis while two others fought the lady. She fended them off while I stood by and watched.

Unexpectedly, one of the figures left the fight against the lady to stand in front of me and the boy holding me back. It was the same white haired youth from earlier. I wondered as to why he left his comrades behind. Was he rescuing me? I couldn't understand why he would do such a thing.

"This is your last warning. Give. Her. Back," growled the youth in the blue hoodie.

"You'll have to kill me first." He threw me off to the side and I fell to the floor. It hurt, but I didn't feel like crying. I just sat up and watched as the boys dealt blows back and forth to each other, a bow and quiver full of arrows scattered a few feet away. Were those mine?

As the boys fought, I didn't notice an older man climbing up the wall behind me. He touched my shoulder and I turned to him. He looked vaguely familiar.

"Hello. Do... Do you remember me?" he asked. He seemed nervous, but I didn't know why. I just shook my head 'no'. He nodded, understanding.

"I see. Well, that would be expected, I suppose. Maybe this will help..." He walked over to an arrow sticking out of the ground and brought it to me.

"Here. This is yours." I looked at it, but didn't recognize it as mine. I just shook my head at him again. He grimaced, and sat in front of me, pretzeling his legs, laying the arrow between us.

We were quiet, just staring at each other. Neither of us spoke for a minute. In the flicker of a moment, his eyes lit up in understanding. He took the arrow from between us and held it out, point towards me.

"I hope you will forgive me," he said.

The corners of my mouth turned upwards. What was this? Was this a feeling? I was...

He thrust the arrow forward, impaling my heart.

"NOOOOO!" cried a deep voice.

Smiling.