Chapter Ten- Information and Plans

During this time, Jack and Bunny have made their way to the person they mentioned before. This chapter is in a third-person view.

Bunny came out of the hole first, sneaking around the backyard. Jack came out next, immediately brandishing his staff.

" 'ay, wher's Cupid?" Bunny asked, looking at the open hole.

"She said she would come in right after me."

"Well, she's naw' here now. Le's ge' goin'."

"Well, okay. I just hope she's alright. Let's try the front door."

As they walked to the front door, Jack took one last look back. 'Please be okay, Cue,' he thought, and he turned back to the task at hand.

They stood at the door of the large, two-story, white house and rang the golden doorbell. A small boy with brown hair ran and answered the door.

"Papa! Frosty!" it called, excitedly. Jack smiled and picked up the little boy, hugging him. They both stepped inside and Jack set the little boy down again.

"Jack? That you?" called a strong, deep, masculine voice. Bunny and Jack walked into the living room and was greeted with a man sitting in a recliner, a woman on either side of him. One looked a little younger and was blonde. The other had a beanie on and short, brown hair. She looked about as old as the man.

"It's been too long, old friends..."

"Jamie? Wow... You..." Jack struggled for words. It had been so long since Jack had visited the boy that helped him save the world from fear, what with Jack busy being a Guardian.

"No need to say anything. I know why you're here. Let's get down to business, shall we? Soph, would you mind putting your boys to bed?" The blonde nodded and picked up the little boy who opened the door and called for another named North.

"No way. You named one of yo' kids afte' the big guy?" Bunny chuckled. Soph turned back, embarrassed, then scurried off with her children to an upstairs bedroom.

"Now. What do you need me to do?" Jamie leaned forward, leaning on his elbows, his belly spilling forward a little out of his shirt.

"Well, that's the thing. We don't know. We can only give you the details..." Jack said, then he started explaining the story from the beginning, when Eris first arrived.

"Hey... I think I've heard of this before... Tell me the symptoms of them again," Jamie said, standing up. The woman next to him watched him. Jamie walked over to a bookshelf that stood next to the couch and started searching. He believed the answer was in there somewhere.

"Well, with Tooth, she was hit with a pink-ish red arrowhead in my place. She passed out, then, when she came to, it seemed like she was just... hopelessly in love with me. With Sandy, he got hit with a yellow tipped arrow, and he fell asleep instantly. We couldn't wake him up, no matter how much we tried," Jack explained.

"Then there was North. He got hit with an arrow dipped in green. He twis'ed on the floor in pain for a good minute un'il he got up and saw all of his pre'y toys. Then he busied himself with'ose," Bunny finished.

Jamie nods and brightens as he finds the book he'd been looking for.

"Yes, I've found it!" He brings the book to the table and opens it.