Gentle and Sweet

That night, Alex, Eliza, John, Peggy, and Angelica drove to Thomas's house.  John was a bit nervous because he didn't know what would happen.

"Hey, Angie!" Thomas kissed her. "Hey. Come in!"

John, Alex, and Eliza tried to stay together as much as possible. John just wanted to go home.

"John, what's wrong?" Eliza asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He replied.

"Here, this might help." Alex handed him a drink.

"What is this?"

"I don't know! Less talking, more drinking."

"Alex, baby, me and John don't want to get drunk. We are responsible teens."

"I'm responsible! I'm only going to have one!" And soon one turned into ten.  Of course, John and Eliza weren't drunk.

"Well, Alex disappeared with Laf and Herc. What do you want to do?" Eliza said.

"I don't know."

Thomas, Angie, James, and Aaron soon came over and asked if the wanted to play spin the bottle. Eliza told them that her and John would play, but John wasn't to thrilled.

First spin landed on Thomas and James. They kissed for a split second then turned away.

Second spin landed on Angelica and Thomas. Five minutes later, they stopped kissing.

Third spin landed on Aaron and Eliza.

"Hell no!" Aaron screamed.

"I'm not that bad!" Eliza said.

"Yeah, but your boyfriend is fucking crazy!"

"He's drunk! He won't remember! Now just play the game!" And they kissed. It was pretty long, but less than a minute.

Fourth spin landed on James and Angelica.  Once again a quick kiss.

Fifth spin landed on John and Eliza.

"You're practically my boyfriend already!" Eliza said smiling. And she kissed him. John wasn't prepared, but he kissed back.  They kissed for a really long time; it was longer than Angelica and Thomas had kissed.  It wasn't perfect in anyway, but all of its imperfections made it perfect.

When they finally stopped, Eliza looked at John.  John stared at her and smiled.  He looked at her sparkling brown eyes and her beautiful hair that she retucked behind her ears.  He saw that her face was tinted a bright shade of pink; his was too.  They both laughed when they saw they were both out of breathe.

"Holy shit!" Angelica said

"Wait until Alex finds out!" Thomas screamed as he ran off. Angelica ran after him.

John and Eliza went outside and sat on the step.

"Well that was," John paused. "Nice."

"Nice? John, it was perfect!" Eliza exclaimed.

"No it wasn't."

"Alex never kissed me like that." She smirked.

John remembered how Alex kissed him.  It wasn't very gentle or sweet. It was very quick and not gentle at all. 

"Did you like it?" Eliza looked at him.

"What?"

"Did you like it? The kiss?"

"Yeah."

"Good." And she kissed him again. John kissed back right away.
This time it was longer and sweeter. Neither one wanted to pull away; they both loved it.  When they finally stopped, John grabbed Eliza's hand. Eliza put her head on his shoulder. 

"We may be sharing Alex, but you and Alex are sharing me."

John just smiled. There was no possible way he was still gay, and he accepted it. Eliza was perfect. It was that moment that he realized he had loved Eliza.