Galawang Ken VII

"Sijak!” sigaw ng referee. 

Agad kong ginawa ang 360 degree kick ko kagaya ng aking galaw kanina sa first match ko, umikot-ikot ako na parang buhawi na sisipain ang ulo ni Perador, babae man sya pero wala akong awa pagdating sa laro, kasalanan niya din to kung bakit sya sumali sa selection, I warned her, and that’s the act of mercy I can give, like before, I aimed at her head, my foot already on the air going to strike her, I looked at her face, she was not even scared unlike my first opponent, instead she looked at me in the eye and smirked, I was bit shocked with the reaction of her face, nobody gave me a smirk in the mats, she slided backward and leaned her body sideward to evade my 360 degree kick. I missed, for the first time. For the record, no one had ever evaded my 360 degree kick, even in tournaments, my opponents are always hit by this kick.

She raised her brows and winked at me like her face was saying, is that all you got? I landed with my both feet on the mats, to be honest, I was disappointed to myself being insulted by a girl through her facial expression.

Both of us are bouncing on the mats, breathing heavily and thinking of strategies on how to defeat each other. For a girl, she was pretty quick and analysing her evasion she shown before, she’s not a typical female taekwondo player.

Perador hanged her right foot high on the air and her body leaning backwards if I would dash towards her surely she release a swift kick with that hanged foot. I would not dare to attack, she would surely score right away. 

She looked into my eyes and it seems like she knows what I am thinking, she put her right foot down and cancelled whatever attack she was thinking.

Opportunity to attack, I raised my left foot upwards and aimed at her head, swiftly I swinged my foot downwards so that I can hit Perador's head gear, executing axe kick with accuracy and speed that's what I did, she slided going to my right evading my axe kick, damn she's agile, I slammed my foot on the mats, she beamed a grin. She gathered all her strength and rapidly released two bullet kicks, directing at my body armour, I felt the impact of her feet on my armour. Sht, she is a clever player and her gameplay is more on counter attacks.

I looked at the screen, 0-4, she sucessfully landed those two kicks on me and the detector recognized it as qualified kicks. I noticed the digital clock beside the screen 40 seconds left and the first round is over.

How can I score when she is a quick and clever counter attacker? Aha, counter attacking the counter attack will do.

Even though it's my menstruation today, I must keep fighting. The itchiness and uncomfortable sensation my Señor feels only adds to the rage I am feeling right now.

I must not always target the head, I thought, I must hit her body armour so that I can chase the score.

I focused on her body armour and released a swift front leg kick and as expected she slided backwards, I know what will happen next she will wait for my feet to land so that she could release another kick to score and that what she exactly did.

She slided backwards and released a 45 degree kick headed to my body armour but I swirled around to counter her attack with a turning hook kick, she saw the kick coming and tried to evade but the kick was too fast that it touched her head gear. If she haven't had that fast reflex maybe she's on the floor now, knocked down because turning hook kick tend to bring rivals lying ln the floor.

4-4, I looked at the scoreboard, I know how your strategy works now, Perador. I smirked with the thought pending in my head, Perador's face transformed emotionless, maybe that's her game face, I know that she's thinking how to score when given the fact that I already know her gameplay. 20 seconds left, I must win this round.