Chapter 2

“I ALREADY SAID I’M SORRY LIKE 100 TIMES!” I shout from across the table.

“NOT GOOD ENOUGH!” Korra shouts back.

“I’M SORRY! I’M SORRY! I’M SORRY! I’M SORRY! I’M SORRY! ARE YOU HAPPY YET?!”

“NOPE!”

“GAH!”

I throw my hands up in the air and fall backwards. There’s no pleasing her! I’ve apologized to her for like an hour and she still isn’t happy with me! What more can I do? I could beg for forgiveness, but that’s a little bit too low for me. I’ll do it though, if it means she’ll STOP YELLING AT ME!

“WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, KORRA?!” I shout.

“Apologize to Tenzin!” She shouts and points at him.

My mouth falls open and I stare at her. She crosses her arms and glares at me. Really? That’s what it takes? I have to apologize to him? I’m really starting to think that I can just deal with her yelling at me forever. Wait, no I can’t. That would be terrible. Ugh! I don’t want to apologize to him though! GAH!

“Fine. I’m sorry, Tenzin.” I mumble.

“I didn’t hear you.” Korra says.

“I said I was sorry.”

“I said I didn’t hear you.”

“I’m sorry, Tenzin.”

“Still didn’t hear you.”

“I’M SORRY, TENZIN! CAN I PLEASE GO TO WORK NOW?!” I stand up and shout.

“Fine. Jerk.” Korra says as she crosses her arms and turns her head away from me.

I throw my hands up in the air and walk out. Sometimes she can be so… difficult! She’s going to drive me crazy one of these days and I have a feeling that day isn’t all that far away. I love her to death, but she can be hard to take sometimes. I’m going to blame it on the stupid vines. They drive everyone crazy. Except for Jinora, but she has some strange connection with the spirit world so I’m going to say she doesn’t count.

I kick the boat from last night into the water and jump in. It takes a while to get it started, but eventually I’m cruising back to the dock at Republic City. At least I can get away for a little while. It’ll give both of us a little bit of time to cool off. Hopefully Aunt Lin won’t be too mad at me. By the time I get back to my apartment to change into my uniform, I’m going to be really late for work. Maybe she’ll understand. I hope so. Having Korra mad at me is more than enough; I don’t need Aunt Lin mad at me too.

I tie the boat up at the dock and am glad to see that my motorcycle is still sitting there. I pull out the key and turn it on. The bike roars to life and I quickly turn it around and race down the dock. I’m not technically supposed to be driving this fast and Aunt Lin will probably kill me if she finds out, but I’m not in the greatest of moods right now and I don’t want to waste any time getting to work.