Chapter 10

A hot shower in Zandry’s apartment felt like Nirvana after a long day of soul collecting. It took her over 5 hours to locate a lone mountain climber in the Swiss Alps, and the idiot ended up dying of hypothermia. Zandry of course could never die of something so mundane, but after the third time she slipped and fell into a snow bank she began to think death was a better option than putting up with this Hell. After half an hour she dried her hair, put on a bathrobe, and plopped onto a couch in the living room. Her modern apartment was perfect for her. The décor, the furniture, and even the floor plan felt cold and impersonal. She turned on the radio, which mostly featured techno music, and closed her eyes.

                Suddenly her eyes flew open again and her gaze pierced the ceiling. Shit, I left my scythe at the office.

                She could have just left the thing at work until morning, but she had already grown too attached to it. Unable to sleep without it, she ended up going back for it anyways. She threw on some clothes and makeup and hailed a taxi. It was past midnight.

                One unique thing about Zandry Stapleton was that she was rarely surprised by anything. But what she saw when she walked through the office door that night made even her freeze in shock.

                Grell was on top of Will’s chair, leaning over… Will?! It took her 5 full seconds to comprehend the fact that they were making out. She stood, rooted on the spot, until Will looked up, gasped, and threw Grell on the floor.

                “Will, what the hell?! I…” He growled before looking up at the shock of green hair standing in the doorway.

                They all stood and stared at each other until Zandry burst out laughing. Grell smiled.

                “Hahaha, sorry, honey, but we couldn’t keep it a secret forever. Why don’t we take this back to our apartment?” he purred at Will before slipping out of the room.

Zandry glanced at Will, who looked like he wanted to die of humiliation, and doubled in laughter again.

“Well, I must day, I’m shocked.” She finally said, clutching a stitch in her side. “How long has this been going on?”

“…several years.”

She laughed again. “Seriously?! I never would have guessed. I mean, you’re so… conventional; I never thought you’d swing that way.”

“I don’t swing that way!”

Zandry raised her eyebrows.

“… well, he’s different.” He muttered at the carpet.

Her expression softened. “Yeah, I understand. He is beautiful.”

“He is.”

“He must be amazing in bed.”

Will didn’t respond, so she grabbed her scythe and promptly left the building. Deciding to walk home, she took a deep breath of fresh air and… burst into laughter again.

Grell Sutcliff and William Spears! How the hell did that happen?! She thought, tears in her eyes.

As she ambled along, a light feeling of sadness draped over her. Of all the people she had met in her life, Will had been the one she liked most by far. Knowing now that he was off the market… but she shrugged it off. The great and heartless Zandry Stapleton did not dwell on such trivial matters. And besides, it was obvious that those two were made for each other. Zandry returned to her apartment without a care in the world.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally got that picture of Zandry's scythe to go through, which I posted in Chapter 9.

Grell & Will are my favorite couple of all time<3

-Kaldaki