Chapter 11

Finally updated! This is one of my favorite chapters because it really develops Zandry's character.

A more realistic version of Zandry's scythe has been posted under Multimedia thx 2 VickySilver.

Thx,

Kaldaki

____________________________________________________________________________________________

                    If one bad thing could be said about life as a Grim Reaper, it was the insane amounts of paperwork that followed every human death. After every assignment is killed, a series of questions and short essays have to be filled out by the Shinigami in order to determine whether or not the subject is to be sent to Heaven or to the depths of Hell. Zandry couldn’t care less about where the stupid souls ended up, but after seeing all the shit Grell got into for failing to fill out his paperwork on time, she decided the waste of time and ink was a necessary evil.

                “Hey, Zandry, how’s my little lassie doing today?” Knox leaned over her desk, eyebrows arched ridiculously.

                “I don’t know, ask her yourself. She’s right over there.” She shot back, pointing to Grell.

                Knox cringed but quickly recovered. “So, Grell and I were planning on hitting the new bar on 37th street in a bit. Wanna tag along?”

                “I’m busy.”

                “Aw, c’mon, Babe, don’t pull a Will on me! How much paperwork you got anyways?”

                Zandry jabbed her pen at an 8-inch stack of paper.

                “Woah! How long have you been putting that off?!”

                “Few weeks. And being that it’s due tomorrow I really must get to work. Run along, now.”

                “Aw, and I wanted to see what your type was!” Grell whined. “I mean, everyone know that 37th is the best place to find hot boys!”

                Zandry’s head jerked up suddenly. “You know what? Maybe I’d like to see this new Reaper bar. Give me ten minutes.”

                “What? There’s no way you can get through that in ten minutes!” said Knox.

                “I can if I lie.” Zandry picked a packet from the pile and began to fill in random bubbles.

                “I’m afraid I cannot allow that.” Will spoke up from his desk. “It is incredibly irresponsible to condemn a soul to a fate that they do not deserve.”

                “Oh, come off it, Will. I’m not your apprentice anymore; you won’t get in trouble.”

                Like she promised, Zandry finished the entire stack of paper in ten minutes. After she filled in the majority of all the bubbles, scribbled over the essay portions what vaguely looked like letters, and answered the ultimate question at the end of whether the selected soul should experience an afterlife of pure joy or pain, she lined up the stack at the edge of her desk and pushed in her chair.

                “Alright, where did you say this bar was?”

                “Woah, how’d you do that so fast?” Knox asked in awe.

                “Easy. I just sent everyone to Hell.”

                Grell gasped. “That’s horrible!”