↣ Chapter Thirty ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

L O V I N G

A L E X A N D E R

A L E X A N D E R

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

The Hunter's Moon was already full of cheering and swaying people when Chris got there. Magnus was already there, sitting at the bar with Catarina, Caroline and Zach. Madzie ran over to them. The warlocks and werewolf cheered when she got to them, making her giggle and twirl to show off the new dress Chris had bought her.

"Do you like it?" she sang, holding it out so that they could see all the glittering pink material. Chris grinned, leaning against the bar.

"It's gorgeous!"

"You look like a fairy princess!"

"You are a fairy princess!"

The Downworlders all dissolved into giggles, causing Madzie to laugh too as Chris rolled his eyes. His eyes darted around the full bar, taking sight of the mix of Shadowhunter and Downworlder. He couldn't help but smile when he noticed his friends. Clary and Isabelle were talking, both looking absolutely gorgeous and laughing as if everything was okay. Luke was holding onto Simon as he talked to Jace and Alec. God, Alec looked so beautiful, smiling as if he hadn't felt Jace die.

"Martini?" Chris looked over to the werewolf behind the bar. Maia looked stunning in her dress with her hair done nicely and her makeup absolutely perfect. Chris nodded, dropping his head to stifle his yawn.

"Better get it now before the champagne comes out," joked Maia as she began to make his drink. He went to pay but she shook her head. "You look exhausted, you need a drink!" Chris chuckled, accepting the drink with a hearty gulp. Maia laughed along with him, her face bright with joy. They were all happy. Valentine was dead, they were safe.

"My little lady over there wanted to go to L.A to get a dress for tonight, couldn't say no to that face." They both looked over to Madzie, who had crawled into Catarina's lap and was talking to Zach. She was saying something about Pokemon, and Chris was sure that they had resumed the argument about who the best Pokemon actually was. Zach claimed it was Arceus, and Madzie claimed it Mewtwo. Chris just stopped listening to them.

"Well, it's a very nice dress." Chris let out a breath of laughter, glancing back at Maia. She had ducked under the bar and was now bringing out a large bottle of champagne.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"A super effective way to get drunk?" Chris nodded and they both laughed. Maia called on Luke, who stumbled over. He was a lot drunker than the rest of them, but because of his fast metabolism as a werewolf it wasn't easy to get him drunk. Chris assumed he had been drinking all day in celebration.