Chapter 5

We walked back in the castle late and took the kids back from Anne. She's a good friend. I should definitely give her a reward.

My children will have their father's body from what I can tell. Dark babies are much bigger than any Light babies their age. My children are big.

Adelram takes the boys and I hold Bel and we fall asleep together into much needed blissful sleep!!

When I wake up sun is shinning and I feel around the bed for my babies. I open my eyes when I don't feel anything and see the kids are in their cribs and Adelram is awake.

"I didn't mean to wake you." He tells me before kissing me.

"You leaving me now?" I ask.

"Sadly. I'll be back soon." He presses our foreheads together, "You are the Light of my life."

I breathe in his scent and put my hands in his. "My Dark angel, come back safely."

He kisses me and then he steps away and kisses all of our kids.

He makes a portal and then steps through.

I take a deep breath and then get out of bed. I go to my closet and put on a loose dark purple dress. Today is going to be a good day.

There's a knock at my door.

"Come on." I command.

Anne walks through the door. I smile at her. "Thank you for watching them. How was it?"

"They just slept most of the time." She tells me.

"Good, now today is going to be interesting. It's hunting season for Dark fest and usually the King and Queen lead the hunt! A good hunt represents a good reign."

"What exactly are we hunting?" Anne asks.

"Souls."

All the color leaves her face. Hunting souls was forbidden in our kingdom mostly because no Light has ever done it and survived before. As much as I love a good challenge that's one I'm not taking head on.

"How are you-"

"I'm not. I'm going to serve my people, but I won't participate in the soul snatching."

"What will they say?" She asks.

"Who cares? I'm the Queen." I chuckle.

"Would you like me to go?" She asks.

"Oh no, they'll try to snatch your soul." I tell her, "Besides," I whistle, "I need you to be with my kids while I'm hunting."

She nods.

"And Anne, thanks for coming with me."

She hugs me. "You're welcome and you know you don't have to keep saying it."

I hug her back. "Yes I do so I'll keep saying it until we're old and gray. Now come on we have much to do."

I walk out the door and see ten armed guards.

"Your majesty." They greet bowing.

"Hello." I greet confused, "What is this?"

"The King has commanded us to serve you." Tom, Adelram's best friend and head of security says.

"Oh no this will never do." I tell them, "I want free will loyalty not anything forced so whoever wants to leave and return to their regular duties without fear of repercussions." I announce.

I'm left with two guards. "Tom why do you want to serve me?" I question.

"I'm sorry?" He questions.

It is foreign for a superior to ask them questions. Dark soldiers just do as they are commanded there is little conversation in much of Dark culture. They mostly do as commanded by their superior. "I said, why do you want to serve me?"