Chapter 9

We return home the next day and I bathe my new daughter Eclipse in the Light pond. Her specialty is air. This will be exciting. She has been a positive distraction from Moon slipping into a deep sleep and not waking up. Anne says she's still breathing but it's shallow.

I am in bed resting. Behroz seems quite taken with having a new sister. He tries to give me things, like fruit when I ask.

Adelram has been preparing for war these past couple weeks and I try to build up my strength for a plan I have. I know Adelram needs to focus but he seems so stressed. He's been to war before but now he has a family to look after and if Moon dies, we'll adopt Lunar.

"So you picked up what I asked for?" I ask Bel.

She nods and shows me the small jar of pixie dust I told her to get.

I pull her onto the bed and lay Eclipse to my right. I open the jar and stick my finger in the dust before putting it in my mouth.

Bel does the same and makes a nasty face.

"You don't like it?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

"To sweet?"

She nods.

Adelram comes in the bedroom and smiles at Bel who jumps up and runs across the bed and jumps off and into his arms. He watches her and kisses her on the cheek. "Hello my beautiful princess."

"Daddy!" She screams.

He looks at me with as more love as he did a hundred years ago. "I'm here to get you walking."

I groan. I haven't been out of my bed since we got home. Nearly a month ago. Partly because I think I figured out a way to save Adelram, but if I'm right I have to build up my strength. If I'm wrong we're both dead. There entire Moon situation has completely upset me.

Adelram sets Bel down, "Run along."

She walks off and he picks up Eclipse. "I'm so happy that you gave us another daughter."

"I notice how you favor the girls."

"I love them all, but my princesses melt my dark heart." He says.

I smile watching him bond with Eclipse. He is a great father.

"You're still going to have to get up." Adelram tells me not taking his eyes off her.

"My Love."

"You're walking." He tells me in a very demanding tone.

I groan knowing there's no arguing with this man and he comes over to me. I wrap my arms around his neck and arch my back. "Well, maybe we could do something else."

He kisses me hard. His giant hand grabs my face and pulls me closer and I automatically lose my senses. Our tongues dance together in a game. It's familiar, but always different. I love him. Maybe even more than I love myself and I'm a little conceited. He always gives a sense of freedom and double doses me with love and affection.

His kisses move down to my neck and his fangs rub up against my skin like I like it and just as I lean back he pulls back and looks at me with a smirk.

"Walking first, then maybe I can relieve some much needed stress." He tells me pulling his attention back to Eclipse.

I groan and stand. My legs don't hurt but they feel tingly, because they've been asleep for so long.

We walk around the castle and he fills me in on his plans. I give him my opinion.

"Let's not talk about work anymore." I tell him.

"What would you like to talk about then Love?" He asks, as we look over our kingdom. The moonlight gives him strength I can feel it. At night is when the country comes alive.