CLICHES

In the land of Vampire Diaries fanfiction, there are so many damn cliches

When's the last time you saw a Gilbert twin or sibling, probably like 2 minutes ago.  It's not original, and unless you're a very skilled author who can make it work, it's probably going to be basic and boring.

Usually the Gilbert sister/twin will just take the place of Elena, and then the author will bash Elena in the same goddamn book.  DON'T TAKE ELENA GILBERT'S STORY LINE!  This is stupid and overdone.

NEVER start your book like this;  (spelling mistakes intentional, chill your tits)

Hi my names aurora gilbert and i am hateted my everyone in my town, they all just like my twin elena.  im wear black and drink and smoke me and my sister are complete opposites im a badass.  todays the first day of school and im wearing my white and gold and red gucci shirt with high waisted skirt and highed heels, i look in the mirror, im so ugly!

NO NO NO NO!  First of all, if you start your book with "Hi my name is..." I'm clicking off IMMEDIATELY.  This is breaking the fourth wall and completely disengaging readers in your story and character.

Second of all to quote Damon Salvatore, if you have to SAY you're a badass, you're not a fucking badass.  Show your character's traits through actions NOT words.  Like maybe they blow up a building while drinking whiskey and casually sitting on the toilet, then I'll think they're a badass, not if they just say/think they are.

Third of all, it's okay to give a description of what your character's wearing, but it's tacky as hell to include brands and or whole collages or pictures of it, like nobody really gives a fuck if their shoes are black or green or if they wear Adidas or not.

And finally, fourth of all.  If you are making your character a badass, or a cool guy or gal in general, then actually make them a bad bitch and not think their flat out ugly.  

It's necessary for your character to have flaws and insecurities, but if you want to make them out to be this super badass, don't make them flat out say they're ugly, ect.  

It's more than acceptable for your character to have insecurities deep down, just don't reveal them in a dumbass way like I exampled up there.

Moving on.

When your character is friends with everyone, your character doesn't exist.  

If your little OC is running around with Damon one day and Klaus the next like it's no big deal, have you even watched the damn show?  I'm not saying your character has to pick sides all the time, but I really doubt they could be best friends with Caroline and Rebekah at the same time.

Make it realistic, not EVERY character in the show will like your OC, and not EVERY character would hate them.  It's far more interesting and entertaining to read about conflict, and people having enemies AND friends.  If your character is only loved by every single person up in The Vampire Diaries world, your story's probably boring as fuck.

This messy ass rant is now over.