0.9 The Rush

Elizabeth p.o.v

The warm water runs down my back, it's not really that hot so I turn the heat up a bit.

I suddenly feel as if I am forgetting something...then it hits me

MUSIC!

I reach over to the towel rack and dry my hands off, then I bring it up to my face, gently dabbing the water away.

I scan the room for my phone, and I notice it sitting on the counter.

Great, I get to step out into the freezer

Slowly, so I don't slip, I lift my leg over the tub onto the fuzzy white rug. I then quickly wrap the hot pink towel around my body, the cold air hitting my skin like a thousand tiny little needles.

thank the lord I unpacked my bathroom yesterday, something about running around my room naked, searching through boxes for an iHome didn't seem very fun.

I bolt through the door into my bedroom, it's so COLD.  I quickly make my way to the box labeled "Electronicos"

woah. I'm lame.

I pull it open, and after some quick digging, I see the silver of the iHome, and pull it out, quickly bolting back into the warm bathroom.

After I get the iHome plugged in, and set up on the shelf above my toilet, I turn around and grab my phone off the counter.

I enter the code, and click on my music app, I set it on shuffle, plug it into the stand, and turn it on.

By the time I have unwrapped the towel, tossing it on the counter, and I hopped back into the shower. I hear the begininng of 'Dear Maria, Count Me In' by All Time Low. I sing along while quickly cleansing my hair.

I glance at the clock on my phone.

shit, It's already 2:02

I have exactly 28 minutes, and if I get done in time, it will be a miracle.

The song ends, after a few seconds, I hear the intro of 'Voodoo Doll' by 5SOS. Smiling, I reach out of the shower and crank the volume all the way up.

Oh, the joys of being home alone

*****

I don't even like you, why'd you want to go and make me feel this wayyyy.

And I don't understand what's happened I keep, saying things I never sayyy.

*****

I rinse out the last bit of conditioner and move along to my body.

*****

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't contol myself.

And I don't wanna stay I wanna run away but I'm trapped under your spell

*****

I rinse, and glide the razor across my legs.

After finishing up, I spin around for one last rinse, bending down, and shutting off the water.

I grab my towel, running it over my body in a rush.

2:19

I place the towel around my hair, and squeeze, trying to remove as much access water as possible, and then, I re-wrap my body.

I grab my leave-in conditioner, spritzing it in my hair a few times. I set the bottle down and slide my fingers in my hair, shaking it, trying to get the conditioner to set in.