1.1 The Truth

Austin p.o.v

Liz smiles, turning to face me.

"Today was fun," she says happily, as we approach her driveway.

"Yeah," I smile.

"I'm really happy I met you, Austin. Having you guys, has made this thing a lot easier on me." she says, sitting down on the cement, leaning against her garage door.

I sit down next to her, scooting close, our legs slightly touch, causing a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"I'm glad, you seem to be handling it perfectly." I say, looking into her eyes. I closely examine each of her features one by one, and I glance back at her eyes once again.

"Yeah, seem to be," she agrees in a whisper.

"But, you're not," I whisper, furrowing my eyebrows, almost squinting at her eyes, trying to see the emotion in them through the darkness.

She seems almost shocked, as if I have unlocked some secret vault, just by noticing that this whole 'I'm perfectly fine' act was just that, an act.

"No, I'm not," she agrees, breaking our eye contact, shooting her attention to the ground.

"Why don't you just talk to someone about it?" I ask, curious as to why she holds it in like this.

"Because, you're the only one who has cared enough to even notice it was bugging me. My mom, is stressed about the move, she doesn't have the energy to focus on me anymore. She expects me to take care of myself." She says, a creak in her voice.

She glances up at me, and I notice a single tear stream down her face, within seconds it's followed by several more.

She brings her knees up to her chest, placing her hands on her face, and burying her head in between her knee caps.

I wrap my right arm around her, pulling her closer to me, sqeezing her tightly. I place my chin on her head as she sobs, slight gasps and creaks coming from her throat.

I can tell this is something she has been holding in for a while.

I don't say a word, I let her cry, let it out.

I don't dare allow myself to acknowledge the fact that the sound of her crying, filling my ears, is breaking my heart.

I don't dare allow myself to realize the rate of my heart, accelerating from our touch.

I don't dare allow myself to see how fast I was falling for her.

But, it was happening.

*****

guys I noticed, that this story has now reached 2k reads, and I'm beaming. I may try to update another chapter tonight, because this one is quite short.

So, Austin, has seen through Elizabeth's act, and now she is allowing him to know how this move is really making her feel.

I feel like this story doesn't have any kind of antagonists yet, but it will have some drama soon, I promise.

Currently, I'm just trying to build the story a bit, so you know what is going on. so yeah ♡