0.7 Settling In

Elizabeth p.o.v

"Mom I'm home!" I call through the house, as I shut the door behind me.

She walks out, box cutter in hand. Her hair is in a messy bun, and she looks tired.

"Oh hey, sweetheart, wanna do me a HUGE favor?" She smiles.

"Sure what is it?" I ask, following her further into the living room. She turns around and hands me a box cutter.

"I'm terrible at this, I can't do it alone," she laughs weakly.

"Oh," I giggle "Well of course I will help, where are we headed?"

She looks back at me, gesturing for me to follow, and heads into the kitchen.

"Kitchen. Then, you can do your room while I do mine" She says, gesturing to the boxes scattered throughout the dining room.

I nod, heading over to one of the boxes, getting to work.

*Two hours later*

I swipe the back of my arm across my forehead, stepping back.

"Well that was a lot harder than one may think." My mom says. I look over at her, and she smiles at me, she needs to sleep.

"Here how about I help you with your room tomorrow? It's almost midnight, you should get some sleep." I say, watching her almost drift off while standing there.

"Yeah, true. You should get some sleep too, darling. Then we can spend tomorrow unpacking." She says standing up. 

I nod in her direction, heading over and giving her a hug.

"I love you, mom, goodnight, sleep well." I say.

"You too baby girl, I love you." and with that she heads up the stairs.

I quickly clean up the cardboard remains and throw them away. Then, I head up to my room.

As I walk in, I close the door behind me, flipping on the light switch. It's one of those cool ones where you can make the room dim, and adjust the lighting.

If you get what I mean.

I walk over to my bed and unzip my suitcase. I grab my tooth brush, tooth paste, and face wash, heading into the bathroom. I'm so glad I have my own bathroom in here, I can take showers whenever the hell I want, and I won't have to worry about "taking to long", which was something mom always complained about.

After I finish cleansing, I walk back over to my suitcase, and pull out some red sweats and a white tank top.

Then, I get dressed quickly, it's kind of cold.

I flip off the lights, heading back over to the bed, sleepily climbing in.

Today, was a long day, and I'm absolutely exhausted.

Within a matter of minutes, I'm taken over by a calm, deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS(: SORRY IT'S SHORT. I'M TIRED SO YEAH XD LOL PLEASE VOTE AND SHARE, I WANNA GET SOME MORE READS!(: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR READING cx <3