1.4 Distance

elizabeth p.o.v

*****

After crying for about ten minutes, I gain back my ability to breathe steady, and calm down some.

I look to my right, at my full body mirror, the girl I see, is a monster.

I wipe my cheeks and nose as I sit up, shutting my eyes for a moment, to ease the burning sensation.

Slowly, I glide off my bed, onto the carpet, trudging downstairs.

My mom is in the kitchen, back turned in my direction. I quiety rush past her into the small hallway.

Once I have reached the door, I creak it open slowly, sliding and and shutting it quickly behind me.

The last thing I want is to draw my moms attention to me.

For the first time, I take a real look at the room.

It is about the size of a two car parking garage.

Sand colored wooden finish floors, and all four walls covered in four huge mirrors

it was like a real dance studio.

I walk over to the sterio, noticing the slot to plug in my phone.

Slowly, I pull it out, plugging it in.

Setting my music to shuffle, I move to the middle of the room.

My dance style isn't locked to a speciful genre, I usually just set my tunes to shuffle, and whatever decides to play, I dance to.

It can be classical, pop, hip hop, rock, grunge, country, it doesn't matter.

I find the main beat and rythm, and I move with it, nothing complicated.

Dancing has really been the only thing I have ever even been truly good at.

I don't have nearly as much confidence in my vocal skills, but I try anyways.

Within seconds, I hear the beginning to 'All That Matters' by Justin Bieber.

I'm not exactly the Bieber kind of girl, but this song is amazing, no shame.

In moments, I am moving to the rythm, snapping back at the beat.

I don't even think, I just go.

***

A bit later, I hear a knock at the door.

"Yes, mom?" I call, chewing at my lip.

"Uh- actually it's me," I hear a familiar voice say.

Austin

"Oh, sorry," I mumble slightly, as he opens the door.

He closes the door behind him, looking around the room in aw, then snapping his attention to me.

"Is everything alright?" He asks.

I give him a questioning look.

"Why wouldn't it be?" I ask.

"Your mom said you have been in this room dancing for five hours straight."

"So?"

"You're escaping." he says, looking me dead in the eye.

"I'm not-"

"May I watch you dance?" He cuts me off.

"Uh, sure," I say hesitantly.

He moves to the sterio, picking up my phone.

"What genr-"

"I can do any song," I cut him off this time, watching him intently.

he looks up from the phone, disbelief filling his eyes.

"No way," he laughs.

"Try me."

He does some clicking, and I stand, waiting patiently for the music to begin, as he sits in the chair in the front of the room.

The song he chose, turns out to be 'Check Yes Juliet' by We The Kings.

From the moment the first note playes, I don't remember much of what I did at all.

I focused so hard on those beats, as I always do.

Next thing I know, I am gasping as Austin sits on his chair, dumbfounded.

"but how-" he begins.

"I wonder the same thing."

*****

"Don't be nervous, Liz," Austin says for the millionth time as we walk up the steps.

"I shouldn't have ate," I gulp, the nausea rising.

We approach the doors, Austin turns and looks at me, he looks helpless, but remains calm.

"You can do this. You are, Elizabeth Nicole Smith, anyone who thinks anything negative of you is a complete idiot. Come on," he says pulling the door slightly.

I shake my head rapidly,

"I-I can't do it."

He grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers, I calm quite a bit, but then the nusea returns, this time due to the massive eruption of butterflies in my stomach.

I gulp following him inside.

*****

A/N

IT'S BEEN LIKE A MONTH SINCE MY LAST UPDATE I AM SO SORRY PLZ DON'T KILL ME LOL.

i START SCHOOL IN LIKE LESS THAN 30 HOURS, AND THIS WILL BE MY FRESHMAN YEAR.

I'M EXCITED AND QUITE TERRIFIED.

ANYWAYS, I KNOW THIS WAS PRETTY SHORT, BUT MY UPDATES WILL BE MORE FREQUENT.

I MEAN IT THIS TIME LOL

OMFG GUYS I WENT TO SEE 'IF I STAY' TODAY AND I HAVE NEVER CRIED SO MUCH. WOWSIES.

OKAY BYEEE I LOVE YOU!!!

*COMMENT YOUR LUCKY NUMBER BELOW AND THE NEXT CHAPTER MAY BE DEDICATED TO YOU <3 *

BYE MY LITTLE PENGUINS CX  

^~^ BAILEY