Sleepover Confession

Rose's POV

He's... blushing?

Hawk's POV

This is so embarrassing!

"So uh... Rose, you're early..." I look around my room, trying to avoid making eye contact with her.

"Yeah, I was wondering about that too..." Fala adds.

"Oh! No reason! I mean, what's wrong?" Rose looks surprised at mine and Fala's question.

"Are you sure about that?" I tease, finally regaining my cool.

"Y-Yeah..." Rose looks away.

Rose's POV

I look away quickly, trying and failing to fight the strong blush I feel creeping up to my face.

"Hi guys! Woah! Rose! You're early!" Astoria exclaims as she steps into Hawk's bedroom, the others following behind her.

Phew! Saved by Astoria!

"What's been going on here?" Joy asks, snickering softly to herself at the look on Hawk's and my face.

"NOTHING!" Hawk and I both exclaim in unison.

"O...k? Let's get this sleepover STARTED!" Travis exclaims, throwing his sleeping bag down on the floor.

"Ok," Astoria laughs before whispering into my ear, "but you owe me a story." 

I blush a little but my thoughts get interrupted by someone smacking me in the face with a satin pillow and yelling "PILLOW FIGHT!" Now I recognise that voice! Travis!

Fala's POV

"The pillow fight was fun!" I exclaim, collapsing onto my sleeping bag.

"Sorry about the pillows Hawk..." Travis looks shamefully down on several broken apart pillows that Travis broke by losing control of his super strength.

"It's okay Travis..."

"Look I-" Travis starts to say before being cut off.

"It's okay Travis, really!"

"So what next?" Shawn asks.

"Shawn, could you and Astoria help me fetch the snacks from the kitchen?" I wink at Shawn.

"A-Astoria? W-Why pair m-me up with h-her?" Shawn stutters, his face turning bright red.

"Y-Yeah, why Shawn and I?" Astoria stammers.

Travis smirks at his cousin, knowing all about his cousin's crush on the bookworm of the group.

"And Travis! Why don't you and LingLing go fetch a movie for all of us to watch?" Hawk adds, snickering at his friend's flushed face.

Hawk's POV

I snicker as Travis' reaction to my sneaky little comment.

However, when I turn to Fala, I see her smiling at me with a look in her eye, THAT look in her. The look that means that she knows something.

"What do you know..." I whisper into my sister's ear.

"I know that Joy and I are going to get some water!" 

Joy giggles as she and Fala dash out of the room, leaving Rose and me in my room, ALONE! FALA!

"So uh- Hawk... What should we do now?" Rose blinks nervously and looks away.

"I-I don't know..." I stammer. 

Oh no! This is so embarrassing! Now I'm stuttering IN FRONT OF ROSE! I can't believe myself, I NEVER stutter! What is wrong with me?!

"Hawk, are you okay? I mean, I have a crush on you but I still don't- did I say that out loud?"

Wait... What did she just say?! She has a crush? On ME?